News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on January 03, 2017, 03:55:10 AM
Temple of Doom haters made 2016 happen. FACT.

Temple of Doom hatred is so much passé after the Kingdom of Crystal Skull.  :lol:

The Larch

I'm weirdly looking forward to La-La-Land. has anyone here already seen it?

Josquius

I just realised a new series of shameless has been and went and I failed to notice :w00t:

Time travel seems a big thing with US TV lately.  I've been watching it.
Frequency- low Sci fi. Father a cop in the 90s, daughter a cop now,  they communicate through cb radio and help each other with cases.  Daughters life changes as timeline alters.  It was interesting at first but I've mostly stalled at ep 8 or so.

Timeless - very much more grand scale.  Baddies steal a time machine and go back to historic events to change them to hurt America.  Soldier man,  historian lady and token black guy have to go on missions to stop them.
Fun.  Though episode 4 where they go to nazi Germany really highlights it is solidly a light fantasy.

Travellers- watched first 2 episodes last night.  Many people from the future do a quantum leap sort of thing into current day random people who were due to die. There's a big mission to save the world though there seems to be some uptime factions and politics.  Seems interesting.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on January 03, 2017, 06:36:32 AM
token black guy

He's the only guy who can navigate the ship, hardly "token".

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on January 03, 2017, 06:31:15 AM

I don't feel weird for looking forward to it. :unsure: It's premiere is in february here.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Hollywood creating yet another homage to itself? I can wait for video.  :P

Liep

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 03, 2017, 06:46:13 AM
Hollywood creating yet another homage to itself? I can wait for video.  :P

Two of Hollywood's most charming and beautiful people dancing and singing? Yes, please.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on January 03, 2017, 06:36:32 AMTimeless - very much more grand scale.  Baddies steal a time machine and go back to historic events to change them to hurt America.  Soldier man,  historian lady and token black guy have to go on missions to stop them.
Fun.  Though episode 4 where they go to nazi Germany really highlights it is solidly a light fantasy.

The concept for that show was allegedly stolen from a Spanish tv show from a couple of years ago, and there's a lawsuit going on at the moment.

QuoteLawsuit over concept

Ryan, Kripke, Sony Pictures Entertainment and NBCUniversal are being sued by Onza Entertainment for breach of contract and copyright infringement, claiming that the concept for Timeless is based on the Spanish series, El Ministerio del Tiempo (The Ministry of Time), which follows the adventures of a three-person team made up of two men and a woman who travel to the past with a view to preserving past events. The defendants responded to the suit in a November 23, 2016 filing, contending that shows about time travel are an established television genre, while noting similarities between the two shows are generic, and largely based on the notion that the main characters will travel in time to effect some kind of change.

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on January 03, 2017, 06:41:49 AM
Quote from: The Larch on January 03, 2017, 06:31:15 AM

I don't feel weird for looking forward to it. :unsure: It's premiere is in february here.

Over here it premieres next week. Let's see if I find somebody willing to see it...

Liep

The Han Solo movie is pushed back to december 2018. Maybe they figure they can make a bigger budgeted movie now they know that anything Star Wars will earn ridiculous amounts of money.

Syt

They probably also want to establish December as "The Month When Star Wars Movies Come OutTM".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on January 03, 2017, 08:45:49 AM
The Han Solo movie is pushed back to december 2018. Maybe they figure they can make a bigger budgeted movie now they know that anything Star Wars will earn ridiculous amounts of money.

Oh did they just discover this?

I remember a discussion on the Bioware Boards back when KOTOR was in development when one of posters quipped that Lucasarts needs to understand that they could sell shit in a box, label it 'Wookie poop', and make a billion dollars.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

How much did episode 1 make? :P

Liep

Quote from: Liep on January 03, 2017, 08:52:09 AM
How much did episode 1 make? :P

$1,027,044,677 (Worldwide)

Yep.