And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on October 18, 2016, 09:43:37 PM
Watching the first episode of westworld. They sure do like the fly theme

Yes. Maybe that's how the "virus" is being transmitted, but also, more symbolically in ep.2, I think, the main robo-chick at one point swats a fly and kills it. But they are not supposed to harm living things, so maybe as the virus gets stronger they will soon be able to kill larger things. (humans)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on October 19, 2016, 03:12:05 PM

Yes. Maybe that's how the "virus" is being transmitted, but also, more symbolically in ep.2, I think, the main robo-chick at one point swats a fly and kills it. But they are not supposed to harm living things, so maybe as the virus gets stronger they will soon be able to kill larger things. (humans)

yeah, the pay off was at the end with the fly killing.

As for the virus [spoiler] it seems to be coded in, with that vicious lies phrase. The robots have command phrases that do certain actions. The show is trying to make it look like the dead partner programed that, but I think its Hannibal who did it[spoiler]
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Habbaku

Quote from: frunk on October 19, 2016, 03:07:02 PM
I've seen the first two seasons and the Christmas special.  Great Twilight Zone style show.  Generally people agree each season consists of one great, one good and one lousy episode although they disagree which is which.

I'm looking forward to season 3.

:yes:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on October 19, 2016, 04:10:27 PM

As for the virus [spoiler] it seems to be coded in, with that vicious lies phrase. The robots have command phrases that do certain actions. The show is trying to make it look like the dead partner programed that, but I think its Hannibal who did it[spoiler]

Yeah good point. I think Hannibal is the bad guy, but not sure what his goal is.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on October 19, 2016, 07:13:00 PM
Quote from: HVC on October 19, 2016, 04:10:27 PM

Yeah good point. I think Hannibal is the bad guy, but not sure what his goal is.

Hannibal?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

HVC

I couldn't remember Anthony Hopkins' characters name.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Tonitrus

"Aftermath"

It makes me sad to hear Anne Heche butcher the pronunciation of place names in my homeland.  :(

celedhring

Captain America: Civil War - the first two acts are pretty boring, with stupidly overlong action sequences that overstay their welcome, and forced conflict between characters. However the last part of the film goes to interesting places, even though they end up playing it safe. It seems to me they were going for Marvel's Empire Strikes Back (that movie even gets a call out by Spidey), but in this day an age there's no way a huge Hollywood blockbuster can go all downer.

I enjoyed the new Spider-Man, incidentally, made me interested in the new movie.

lustindarkness

The trailer for Logan looks surprisingly good, almost makes you feel sad to say goodbye.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

celedhring

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 20, 2016, 10:21:06 AM
The trailer for Logan looks surprisingly good, almost makes you feel sad to say goodbye.

Johnny Cash music does that.

Still, looking forward to it. I like Hugh Jackman and he deserves at least one Wolverine movie...

HVC

Does wolverine not have his healing factor in the movie?

And yeah, hurt makes the teaser sad, but what got me was sad old decrepit Patrick stewart

Savonarola

Deepwater Horizon (2016)

Disaster film with a plethora of big named stars... I thought the 70s revivals ended twenty years ago. :unsure:

If you think that there's no such thing as too many explosions then this is the film for you.  Otherwise it is an enjoyable disaster film; something that really does seem to come straight out of 1977.  The director wisely didn't allow the environmental message to overwhelm the story and instead focuses on the human drama (and explosions, of course.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Liep

The latest South Park really takes Denmark bashing to a new level. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

I always like how American Horror story switches everything around midway through its season. Going all out Blair Witch now.