News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

A couple of new time-travel-ish shows...

"Frequency":  Mmmm, not sure how I feel about it yet (though lots of skepticism).  Will give it some more time.

"Timeless": Watch the first couple of episodes.  Not terribly impressed, and going downhill fast...mostly due to the characters.

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 16, 2016, 04:51:29 AM

"Frequency":  Mmmm, not sure how I feel about it yet (though lots of skepticism).  Will give it some more time.

Isn't that just a movie recreated as a tv series?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Quote from: garbon on October 16, 2016, 05:04:28 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on October 16, 2016, 04:51:29 AM

Isn't that just a movie recreated as a tv series?

Never saw the original film...but looking at the wiki, yeah, for the most part...with a bunch a plot changes.

Eddie Teach

Speaking of time travel movies adapted into tv series, 12 Monkeys is pretty good.

Finally caught up with Fear the Walking Dead. Glad [spoiler]Chris is dead.[/spoiler]
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Quote from: Liep on October 15, 2016, 03:55:31 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2016, 03:52:11 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on October 15, 2016, 02:29:35 PM
Westworld is the best thing on television right now.

This.

Right, I'll go spend $10 on HBO then.

Worth it. Did not expect Sidse Babett Knudsen to pop up in this though, but a much welcome surprise. :wub:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Martinus

Really like the soundtrack on Westworld, too. The intro piano piece is beautiful and haunting, and the Paint It Black rendition rocked.

Josephus

I DVRd last week's episode of Westworld and it seems as though I may have missed the last couple seconds.

Did she dig up something from the earth? What?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Kleves

Quote from: Josephus on October 16, 2016, 04:15:07 PM
Did she dig up something from the earth? What?
She dug up a gun.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Admiral Yi

Agree that the string version of Paint it Black rocked.

Admiral Yi

Just watched "Joy."  Jennifer Lawrence invents a self-wringing mop and sells it on QVC.  The dysfunctional family drama stuff is pretty good but I don't know if you really need a whole movie about a self-wringing mop.  The camera sure does love Jennifer Lawrence though.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 17, 2016, 02:25:25 AM
Just watched "Joy."  Jennifer Lawrence invents a self-wringing mop and sells it on QVC.  The dysfunctional family drama stuff is pretty good but I don't know if you really need a whole movie about a self-wringing mop.  The camera sure does love Jennifer Lawrence though.

I love the fact that she's playing a character in her 40s. No old women in Hollywood movies!

I agree that movie seems pretty pointless, except for ogling miss Lawrence. She's pretty great in it actually, in addition to her hotness.

Josephus

I thought Joy was very good--for the first half. I thought after she finally got on TV and sold her mops it quickly moved down hill

celedhring

Quote from: Josephus on October 17, 2016, 07:40:08 AM
I thought Joy was very good--for the first half. I thought after she finally got on TV and sold her mops it quickly moved down hill

That's the thing though, there just isn't enough material there to make a compelling film.