News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 15, 2016, 05:35:39 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 15, 2016, 05:31:06 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on September 15, 2016, 05:25:00 PM
Watching Friday Night Lights for the first time. In season 1 right now. I want to be like Coach Taylor when I grow up.  :cry:

The TV series wasn't half bad, actually.

I poo-poohed it years ago when it was on television. I'm having a great time with it so far now. Lotta good eye candy on it too  ;)

The one chick is so ridiculously hot, and absolutely not even remotely believable as a high school student.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

celedhring

Saw an ad for the new Magnificent Seven movie. It dawned on me that one is a remake of a remake. Hollywood is outdoing itself. :hmm:

CountDeMoney

I bitched about that two weeks ago already.  Try to keep up, Franco.

11B4V

Quote from: celedhring on September 17, 2016, 08:52:47 AM
Saw an ad for the new Magnificent Seven movie. It dawned on me that one is a remake of a remake. Hollywood is outdoing itself. :hmm:

Hollywood is idealess. Yes I made that word up.

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/remakes/36637/109-movie-remakes-and-reboots-currently-in-the-works/page/0/2
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

Last of the Mohicans is a remake of a silent era movie ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

Quote from: viper37 on September 17, 2016, 01:11:49 PM

No, it's a book adaptation.

If we go that route, there's like 3629848 Sherlock Holmes films out there.

The Brain

Quote from: celedhring on September 17, 2016, 01:40:59 PM

:yes: The latest Ben-Hur has nothing to do with any earlier movies.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Quote from: 11B4V on September 17, 2016, 11:59:51 AM

Hollywood is idealess. Yes I made that word up.

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/remakes/36637/109-movie-remakes-and-reboots-currently-in-the-works/page/0/2

It's not really that. Rather than it's one of the most risk adverse industries out there, so built-in audiences, brand recognition and tried-and-true formulas are the only game in town.

HVC

So it looks like they're making a superhero movie about Stan lee. We've hit peak superhero movie, it's all downhill from here
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

But we've barely scratched the surface of the DC verse. :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

End Of Watch. It was on TV and I happened to start watching, ironically enough. I really liked it. [spoiler]Ending could have been a bit better.[/spoiler]
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Berkut on September 15, 2016, 10:00:15 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on September 15, 2016, 05:35:39 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 15, 2016, 05:31:06 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on September 15, 2016, 05:25:00 PM
Watching Friday Night Lights for the first time. In season 1 right now. I want to be like Coach Taylor when I grow up.  :cry:

The TV series wasn't half bad, actually.

I poo-poohed it years ago when it was on television. I'm having a great time with it so far now. Lotta good eye candy on it too  ;)

The one chick is so ridiculously hot, and absolutely not even remotely believable as a high school student.

Yeah there are a couple of them that are ridiculously hot and definitely can't pull off looking like high school students but it doesn't really matter to me. Still a decent show with notable eye candy  :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 17, 2016, 04:25:44 PM
But we've barely scratched the surface of the DC verse. :hmm:
they started halfway along the downslope.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: celedhring on September 17, 2016, 01:40:59 PM

The Michael Mann film borrows a lot from the silent movie in regards to changes from the original source material.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."