Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2013, 11:23:20 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 17, 2013, 11:19:19 PM
that also included a phenomenal performance from Chiwetel Ejiofor,

Excellent actor that for some reason still seems to stay below the radar.  Never turns in a poor performance.

See Redbelt for truly awesome turn as Brazilian jiu jitsu instructor, with semi-villainous turn by Tim Allen.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Admiral Yi

Saw a little bit of Total Recall: The Remake last night.  Looked OK.  Production values were quite good.

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 19, 2013, 06:59:23 PM
Saw a little bit of Total Recall: The Remake last night.  Looked OK.  Production values were quite good.

Damning with faint praise...

so you walked out half way through, thought the acting, plot, pacing and cinematography was crap but you loved perving beckinsale and biel, you liked beckinsale's fight scenes and you thought the effects were pretty good.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

What fucking bullshit.  You pussies.

QuoteNBC pulls episode of serial killer drama 'Hannibal' in wake of Boston, Newtown violence
By Associated Press, Updated: Friday, April 19, 5:42 PM

LOS ANGELES — NBC said Friday that it's pulling an episode of its serial killer drama "Hannibal" out of sensitivity to recent violence, including the Boston bombings.

The episode that was to air next week features a character, played by guest star Molly Shannon, who brainwashes children to kill other children.

"Hannibal" executive producer Bryan Fuller asked NBC to pull the episode, citing the Newtown, Conn., school shooting in December and this week's Boston Marathon attack, NBC spokesman Stuart Levine said.

The episode, the fourth for the freshman series, will be replaced by another "Hannibal" hour. Viewers will not see a plot continuity issue, Levine said.

But a "clip package" with scenes from the unaired episode will be available at NBC.com next week, without the scenes of child violence and with commentary by Fuller.

"Hannibal" stars Mads Mikkelsen as the title character, the brilliant cannibalistic killer seen on the big screen in "The Silence of the Lambs" and its sequel and introduced in the Thomas Harris novel "Red Dragon." Hugh Dancy and Laurence Fishburne also star in the drama.

There have been other instances of networks responding quickly to the potentially difficult overlap between fact and fiction.

ABC has delayed airing an episode of the crime drama "Castle" in which a main character, New York police Detective Kate Beckett (Stana Katic), steps on a pressure-sensitive bomb. It had been scheduled to air next Monday, one week after two bombs exploded near the Boston Marathon finish line, killing three people and injuring more than 180.

"Out of respect," Katic tweeted Wednesday.

Last December, after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, the Syfy channel pulled an episode of the series "Haven" that featured a campus violence story line.

11B4V

Quote from: Viking on April 19, 2013, 08:09:09 PM

so you walked out half way through, thought the acting, plot, pacing and cinematography was crap but you loved perving beckinsale and biel, you liked beckinsale's fight scenes and you thought the effects were pretty good.
:lol: yes that hit the nail on the head w/ that garbage of a movie.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Viking

Quote from: 11B4V on April 19, 2013, 08:10:03 PM

:lol: yes that hit the nail on the head w/ that garbage of a movie.

Maybe I should be doing the movie reviews rather than Ide or Hapsby.

But, seriously, Beckinsale stole that movie. She made Sharon Stone look like an incompetent hack. It was a significant step up in on screen fighting from the Underworld movies, where she pretty much stood still in leather cat-suits shooting guns. She was the only believable character and I was rooting for her since her professional pride as an assassin was the only motivation I could fathom.

But seriously the biggest plot point. What was the point of the reprogrammed personality if the leader of the opposition wasn't a psychic? I can understand it with a psychic and I can understand it from the Dick short story (same as pantoliano's motivation for betraying neo in the matrix 2).

They would have been better off not making this move and spending the money on making a Wonder Woman movie with Beckinsale as Diana, Biel as Etta Candy and Farrell as an irish drunk who is not in the movie.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

I will admit, I left it on the TV again when it was on, simply for Beckinsdale.

Goddamn, is she hot.

Ideologue

I found her extremely obnoxious in the movie, but I don't really blame her.  Oh, wait, I do, because she provides material pussy support to Len Wiseman, the director of this and other canisters of wasted film such as Underworld and Die Hard 4, and who is a bad, bad man.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 19, 2013, 08:09:31 PM
What fucking bullshit.  You pussies.
LOL.  As good as cancelled.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

I really saw about 5 minutes, not enough to evaluate the flick.

Viking

Quote from: Ideologue on April 19, 2013, 08:26:15 PM
I found her extremely obnoxious in the movie, but I don't really blame her.  Oh, wait, I do, because she provides material pussy support to Len Wiseman, the director of this and other canisters of wasted film such as Underworld and Die Hard 4, and who is a bad, bad man.

I don't blame her for appearing in her husband's movies... while making them watchable.

katmai

Quote from: Ideologue on April 19, 2013, 08:26:15 PM

Better her than the joke that is Paul. W.S. Anderson, fucking pommie hack.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

katmai

Quote from: mongers on April 19, 2013, 08:58:29 PM
Paragliding over Mosul:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01s234y/Our_World_Paragliding_Over_Mosul/

Fucking mongers, you git.

QuoteCurrently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you. Why?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

Quote from: katmai on April 19, 2013, 09:00:02 PM
Quote from: mongers on April 19, 2013, 08:58:29 PM
Paragliding over Mosul:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01s234y/Our_World_Paragliding_Over_Mosul/

Fucking mongers, you git.

QuoteCurrently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you. Why?

I thought you could use proxys that faked IP locatoins ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"