News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2013, 07:42:09 PM
Friends of yours?

I spent a lot of time in the SE US while in the Army. Yes, there are people like this.

Generally very nice folks. 
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2013, 11:01:07 AM
Quote from: Jacob on April 17, 2013, 10:59:11 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 17, 2013, 01:45:17 AM
Reservoir Dogs, great flick.

I thought both Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown were excellent. And True Lies, if we consider that a Tarantino film.
You mean True Romance.

I want to see that version now. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Viking

Just watched the first episode of Rectify imdb and I have to say I liked it quite a bit.

Synopsis - a man on death row is released after DNA evidence is analyzed which lends doubt to the validity of his conviction for at least part of a the rape murder of his high school girlfriend (I think) when they were in high school. 20 years later he is released and sets about the difficult task of returning to life after 20 years on death row. The skills he developed to cope with death row are completely out of place for civilian life and he has spent 20 years away from human contact so lacks social skills. The small town he comes from dis-approves and still thinks he is guilty given his confession (possibly coerced) and witnesses.

After the first episode the only concerns I have is that the family members will become one issue ponies each with his or her own specific concern or problem for the protagonist to deal with. I have high hopes though.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on April 17, 2013, 07:55:52 PM

Meh, a Tarantino version would be pretty predictable.

"First, I'm going to fucking use you as a motherfucking human shield. Then I'm going to fucking kill this nigger over here with the motherfucking Patterson trocar on the fucking table. And then I was fucking thinking about breaking your motherfucking neck."

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2013, 09:06:22 PM

"First, I'm going to fucking use you as a motherfucking human shield. Then I'm going to fucking kill this nigger over here with the motherfucking Patterson trocar on the fucking table. And then I was fucking thinking about breaking your motherfucking neck."

Arnold Schwarzenigger. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Viking

Quote from: Ideologue on April 17, 2013, 09:14:23 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2013, 09:06:22 PM

Arnold Schwarzenigger. :)

meh, The Governator never delivered a line with that many consecutive words in his entire career.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ideologue

You know, all kidding aside, it really bums me out that True Lies (and, far more crucially, like, the crucialest, The Abyss) are not out on Blu Ray yet. :(
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

For all you Patton Oswalt fans:

QuotePatton Oswalt guest-stars on this week's Parks & Recreation as a filibustering Pawnee citizen. The show has just released a nearly nine-minute video showing Oswalt improvising a pitch for Star Wars: Episode VII.

Among other things, the comedian makes a heartfelt and hilarious pitch for linking together the Star Wars and Avengers franchises — because Thanos has the Reality Gem! Don't forget about the Reality Gem! — while also roadmapping some incredible new developments for Chewbacca. Also, Boba Fett. Also, Moon Knight.

http://youtu.be/5BBhNkywMJY

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

It's true.  You know who forgot about the reality gem?  The Magus.  And it did him no good.
Kinemalogue

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on April 17, 2013, 09:21:56 PM
You know, all kidding aside, it really bums me out that True Lies (and, far more crucially, like, the crucialest, The Abyss) are not out on Blu Ray yet. :(

Would love a clearer shot of JLC too.

The Abyss; love that flick.

katmai

Quote from: Ideologue on April 17, 2013, 09:36:56 PM
It's true.  You know who forgot about the reality gem?  The Magus.  And it did him no good.

No i was commenting on
http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,90.msg566506.html#new
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Fair enough.  Basically what I'm saying is I can't tell you how orgasmically pleased I am that someone, somewhere, somehow made an Infinity War reference.  What more could one ask for?  Much.  And soon that too will be mine.

Quote from: InfantryThe Abyss; love that flick.

Right on.  It's a hell of a film.  I believe Cameron's working on it for BD, and may be out this year, but a release date has not been set.
Kinemalogue