News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 04, 2022, 09:22:20 AMThat's not fully how I'd describe the way it show university :lol: :huh:

As I say I only saw episode 1 where the main guy pulled, but for a mishap, on his first night.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

I didn't attend university. My university years were wild sex parties.  :)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josquius on June 04, 2022, 10:10:31 AMAs I say I only saw episode 1 where the main guy pulled, but for a mishap, on his first night.
Yeah - I think we just interpreted that scene differently. I did not see it as non-stop sex party as much as mortifying nightmare :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Incidentally for Brits at least the Bros documentary is now on Netflix and one of the best (and funniest) music documentaries I've ever seen.

Very different from Summer of Soul - unless you were a teenage girl in the 80s, I wouldn't watch it for the music. But it is hilarious.
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 11, 2022, 08:30:34 PMWe Own This City is playing on HBO.  Ah, the BPD.  Reputation:  warranted.

Watching this now.

This the real deal?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Larch

What we do in the Shadows has been renewed for two more seasons. Seems a bit premature, what with the 3rd season not being out yet and the 2nd having been a bit of a step down from the first...  :hmm:  :hmm:

Habbaku

Quote from: The Larch on June 07, 2022, 05:09:30 AMWhat we do in the Shadows has been renewed for two more seasons. Seems a bit premature, what with the 3rd season not being out yet and the 2nd having been a bit of a step down from the first...  :hmm:  :hmm:

:hmm: The third season's been out for nearly a year.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Quote from: Habbaku on June 07, 2022, 08:48:36 AM
Quote from: The Larch on June 07, 2022, 05:09:30 AMWhat we do in the Shadows has been renewed for two more seasons. Seems a bit premature, what with the 3rd season not being out yet and the 2nd having been a bit of a step down from the first...  :hmm:  :hmm:

:hmm: The third season's been out for nearly a year.

And the second season was amazing. I think he just got the numbers mixed up.

Anyway, FX doesn't have many banner shows, so they're going to milk this as much as they can. I hope it doesn't end in a limp, it would be a pity.

The Larch

Yeah, I messed up the seasons. It's been renewed for a 5th and 6th seasons, and the 4th has not even started yet.

Habbaku

Does seem a bit unorthodox, but I imagine the costs of production are fairly low and the show has proven to be pretty popular.

I also suspect that the 6th season will be the last.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

viper37

I haste to see the reviews on this one:
https://people.com/movies/predator-prequel-prey-gets-first-trailer/

A Comanche director and an entire cast of First Nations on a movie that features Comanches as the lead heroes.  Could be interesting.  Or boring as fuck.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

An authentic movie about the Commanche that stars... a female warrior? 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on June 07, 2022, 07:31:14 PMAn authentic movie about the Commanche that stars... a female warrior? 
Learn to live with the times! :mad:
:D

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: grumbler on June 07, 2022, 07:31:14 PMAn authentic movie about the Commanche that stars... a female warrior? 
It is authentically made by at least some Commanche!
PDH!

Jacob

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 09, 2022, 09:54:23 AM
It is authentically made by at least some Commanche!

I know very little about the Commanche. Is having a female Commanche warrior particularly beyond the realm of realism?