News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

"I might be smiling, but I am very fucking furious" something I've often wanted to use in a professional context :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 16, 2021, 02:02:27 PM
"I might be smiling, but I am very fucking furious" something I've often wanted to use in a professional context :lol:

How about "Did Coco Chanel take a shit on your 'ead?".

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

The Twitter thread you didn't know you needed: a SF bus driver critiques a fight scene on a bus from Shang Chi:

https://twitter.com/that_mc/status/1459613123590066180
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Quote from: Barrister on November 16, 2021, 02:43:37 PM
The Twitter thread you didn't know you needed: a SF bus driver critiques a fight scene on a bus from Shang Chi:

That's awesome.

celedhring

Celed's week of dumb movies, Day 2: Free Guy.

God damn, this *was* dumb. The GTA parody is occasionally fun, though. And Jodie Comer  :wub:

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on November 16, 2021, 04:35:01 PM
Celed's week of dumb movies, Day 2: Free Guy.

God damn, this *was* dumb. The GTA parody is occasionally fun, though. And Jodie Comer  :wub:

I thought it wasn't bad.  Ryan Reynolds Ryan Reynolds it up, the video game parody stuff was fun, Taika Waititi is always amusing.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Free guy - It had its funny moments but its one of those where they have a great original concept but then try to fit it into a pretty generic by the book plot.

Shang chi busses - that's another point... The bus is going to California. I guess there's a place in SF, in California, called California. Probably pretty well known in the city.
But it still made me double take at how its a bus to California then smile a bit at the layers.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

California street is one of the main streets of San Francisco.

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on November 16, 2021, 02:43:37 PM

Scroll down to the Laura Ingram outtake.   :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on November 16, 2021, 05:53:39 PM
Free guy - It had its funny moments but its one of those where they have a great original concept but then try to fit it into a pretty generic by the book plot.

It felt like the dumb version of the first season of Westworld. The hosts, instead of rebelling after years of abuse by the guests, fall in love with them.

The concept was fun but the plot was dumb blockbuster 101. Waikiki was fun in it, though.

jimmy olsen

Just watched Shang-Chi yesterday for the first time. Loved it. Definitely a top teir Marvel movie in my opinion.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on October 26, 2021, 06:15:47 AM
I think that if Rautha wasn't in the first movie, they are not going to introduce him in the next.

Apparently it has been confirmed that he'll be introduced in the 2nd part.

Quote- Feyd-Rautha, the Harkonnen heir – might he be in Part Two?

- Definitely. That's a choice that I personally brought on. There was enough characters that were introduced in this first part, and it will be more elegant to keep Feyd for Part Two. It will be definitely a very, very important character in the second part.

viper37

Just read some trivia about the old Dune movie:
QuoteThe suits worn by the Guild members were body bags that were found in a disused fire station dating back to the early 1920s. The bags had actually been used several times, something that was kept from the cast members until after shooting was completed.
:yucky:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

Celed's week of dumb movies, day 3: Birds of Prey.

Heh, I enjoyed this one. Messy, sure, uneven, sure, but so far it's the one I've enjoyed the most. It wouldn't work without Robbie's performance (which is the reason the film exists to begin with), the movie kinda sputters when she's not in it. The film is actually pretty cheap for a superhero movie, so all the action (and there isn't that much of it) is pretty grounded and based around fight stunts rather than SFX extravaganzas, which is nice for a change. McGregor, whom I adore in most things, was awful though. He's the one British classically trained actor that can't do villainy.