TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on March 25, 2020, 09:29:47 AM
Quote from: Liep on March 25, 2020, 07:49:48 AM
Asterix indtager Rom (1976)

10/10

It's the weirdest and best Asterix movie. :)

The latest one is pretty good too. But I am biased, I like them all alot.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Started Outlander. Should have warned me it's made for a female audience.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on March 25, 2020, 10:08:40 AM

I think everyone has been pretty clear that the source and show are effectively romance novels.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on March 25, 2020, 10:13:17 AM
Quote from: Tamas on March 25, 2020, 10:08:40 AM

I think everyone has been pretty clear that the source and show are effectively romance novels.

I ignored that then.

Josquius

First series is still enjoyable I find.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

It is a chick show, but you know what?  All miniseries at some point turn into soap operas.

Tonitrus

Better Call Saul...

[spoiler]On the issue of, will Kim survive the show or not...with that last teaser, it makes it feel more doubtful.  But then, while it would feel a bit odd, it is entirely possible that she could still be in his life through the entirety of the BB events, and it somewhat-plausibly (though it would be tough) explained away as her not being relevant to the BB story arc.  Though I kinda feel that it will end up that she had just gone away...and the ending of BCS will likely conclude with post-BB events, probably involving her.  It feels like the show is not just Saul-before Saul, but also very much about their relationship and how it will end. 

And while Mike's own story has definitely become a big part of the show...we know how that ends.  But they will likely give a fair bit of closure to those people in his orbit. [/spoiler]

Syt

Has anyone seen this movie?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snide_and_Prejudice

QuoteAt a mental institution, the resident physician, Dr Cohen, encourages his patients who believe that they are important Nazi figures to act out their fantasies. The therapy sessions show Hitler consolidating his power by assembling his gang of supporters; however, they are interrupted at times, once because Davidson's uniform is at the dry cleaners, and another time because a patient who believes he is Picasso interrupts a session.

Angus Macfadyen as Adolf Hitler/Michael Davidson
René Auberjonois as Dr. Sam Cohen
Sam Bottoms as Therapist Schaub
Jeffrey Combs as Therapist Meissner
Claudia Christian as Renate Müller
Mena Suvari as Geli Raubal
Brion James as Hermann Göring
Joseph Bottoms as Therapist Himmler
Richard Edson as Rudolf Hess
Richard Moll as General Von Ludendorf
Mick Fleetwood as Pablo Picasso
John Dennis Johnston (credit-J.D. Johnson) as Sheffield
Brian McDermott as Therapist Hindenberg
Ivan H. Migel as General Von Kahr
Patt Morrison as Herself/The Interviewer
Jesse Grey Walken as Christ
T.C. Warner as Tessa Percival/Eva Braun
Michael Zelniker as Joseph Goebbels

It could be garbage, but the cast sounds quite intriguing. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on March 26, 2020, 10:02:36 AMIt could be garbage, but the cast sounds quite intriguing. :lol:

If you can recognize them, that is.  :P

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on March 26, 2020, 10:18:04 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 26, 2020, 10:02:36 AMIt could be garbage, but the cast sounds quite intriguing. :lol:

If you can recognize them, that is.  :P

I only knew Mena Suvari and René Auberjonois by name but having looked up to Mena, all of them are actors I know (primarily from sci-fi roles).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Was Richard Moll the bailiff on Night Court?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

This cast reads like an all-star of late 1990s shitty sci-fi movies. So this is probably garbage.

celedhring

Episode 2 of Westworld's 3rd season was again fun. I got a good laugh from [spoiler]Maeve lagging the simulation[/spoiler], and the  [spoiler]Game of Thrones/Jurassic Park[/spoiler] gag.

So far they have managed to mix up the wild sci-fi ideas with telling a clear story, instead of a jumbled mess.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on March 26, 2020, 10:51:59 AM
This cast reads like an all-star of late 1990s shitty sci-fi movies. So this is probably garbage.

How DARE you! Jeffrey Combs and René Auberjonois should be worth the price of admission alone! :mad: :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

The English Game.  Toffs and mill hands + two ringers butt heads in the quarter final of any early FA Cup.  Good so far.  Toffs dinner party a beautiful riff on posh manners.