News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Watching the Whicher movies. Liking them so far.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

Fox caught cheating: owes 179M$ to Bones' stars

QuoteFox Rocked by $179M 'Bones' Ruling: Lying, Cheating and "Reprehensible" Studio Fraud

In a long-running legal battle over profits from the David Boreanaz-Emily Deschanel hit, an arbitrator's stunning decision calls out top executives Peter Rice, Dana Walden and Gary Newman and could alter the economics of hit shows in the streaming era.
[...]
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

I found someone has uploaded Night Walk!  :lol:

Explanation: this was what a TV station in Toronto did late at night in te 1980s rather than a carrier signal: a guy took a camera and wandered around Toronto at night filming. Then, set it to sad jazz music.

Weirdly compelling viewing at 3 am by insomniacs, drunks and stoners ... Got so popular they filmed "Night Ride" as well! (Same guy, riding the subway)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zkl2S7kAZM
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

Quote from: Malthus on March 08, 2019, 09:18:26 AM

Explanation: this was what a TV station in Toronto did late at night in te 1980s rather than a carrier signal: a guy took a camera and wandered around Toronto at night filming. Then, set it to sad jazz music.

Weirdly compelling viewing at 3 am by insomniacs, drunks and stoners ... Got so popular they filmed "Night Ride" as well! (Same guy, riding the subway)

I do remember that!
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

Quote from: Josephus on March 08, 2019, 12:27:04 PM
I do remember that!

It's one of those ephemeral things I assumed was gone forever.  :D I never dreamed someone had recorded it and uploaded it to YouTube.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

KRonn

I saw Deadpool I and I guess I liked it ok, but when I tried watching it again I just turned it off. Same with Deadpool 2. I like the cast but I guess the film is just too odd ball for me or something.

The new Marvel's looks good, actress is Brie Larson. I've liked her in a couple other movies. But I may be a bit burned out on these movies but I think this is different or new from the Robert Downey earlier ones, follows a new story line. I did tire of about the third Marvel movie with Downey, Hemsworth, Evans and all. Just started to seem over done but I'm not ripping the movies over all, as they have a big audience, strong ratings and are done well.

viper37

I really liked Deadpool 1 and 2 :)  It's a matter of tastes.  Mine are more evolved than anyone here, that's all.  :P  (nah, we all have our tastes :) )

All of Marvel's movies are in the same continuity, but the last one is set in the 90s instead of current time.  Her character will meet the other Avengers in the next movie this summer.  This is where they will resurect anyone they killed, because apparently, it's too cruel to perma-kill someone (also, this is what comic books have been doing since, well, forever :P )
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

Never mugged?
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Ironclad. A small group of fighters defend a castle against the dastardly King John. Directed by Johnny English, who apparently watched Flesh+Blood as a kid. Not essential viewing. [spoiler]I liked that King John redeemed himself a bit towards the end as a holder of at least some badassery. There is no lesbian sex.[/spoiler]
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Threviel

I like how the term ironclad is a warship from the 19th century and really not appropriate for medieval warfare. Here's a good review from a favourite youtuber https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0zYZhJXELQ

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

After Life with Ricky Gervais.  Really good.

mongers

'Excalibur' of it's time, nice visuals and entertaining enough. Also lovely Irish locations. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: Tyr on March 09, 2019, 12:21:53 PM

Never mugged?

Heh, that was Toronto in the 1980s. Muggers were not common. I used to wander around at night myself, never had a problem.

Syt

Red band trailer for Good Boys, aka Languish make a kids' movie. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoNASYQwuIA
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.