News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

New definition of desperate marketing I guess.

celedhring

Well, this might make the sequel more interesting. I found the two films of the new saga to be quite dull.

The Brain

Being gay-loved is a crime now?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on March 17, 2019, 11:00:23 AM
Being gay-loved is a crime now?

It was when the film was set.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

professor Umbridge was right to take umbrage.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Wasn't the Dumbledore/Grindelwald thing already known?
I recall a few months ago there was a huge fuss that this wouldn't be in the film.

Its funny to see alt right commenters replying to this. They're dismissing it with silly stuff like "Rowling's shock reveal: Harry was a girl all along".
Its like they didn't realise they were the baddies in the series this whole time.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on March 17, 2019, 01:36:09 PM
Its funny to see alt right commenters replying to this. They're dismissing it with silly stuff like "Rowling's shock reveal: Harry was a girl all along".

https://youtu.be/-he5DH-sXxU?t=45
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Yes this was known years ago...and more importantly everything Rowling has made after Harry Potter hasn't been very good.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: Valmy on March 17, 2019, 02:12:55 PM
Yes this was known years ago...and more importantly everything Rowling has made after Harry Potter hasn't been very good.

It was known that they had an "incredibly intense" sexual relationship?  I thought it was supposed to have been an unrequited thing on Dumbledore.

Maladict

One Hundred Years of Solitude to be adapted for Netflix. I don't see how that's going to turn out well.

Valmy

Quote from: dps on March 17, 2019, 02:54:26 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 17, 2019, 02:12:55 PM

It was known that they had an "incredibly intense" sexual relationship?  I thought it was supposed to have been an unrequited thing on Dumbledore.

I thought they were in love and then Grindelwald betrayed him and they had to fight it out in this heartbreaking deal or something.

Though, I guess to be fair the intensity of the fictional sex was never discussed.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zoupa

Saw Captain Marvel. Liked it a lot. 8/10, top third of Marvel movies I'd say.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zoupa on March 17, 2019, 09:11:46 PM

SJW!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zoupa on March 17, 2019, 09:11:46 PM

Well, Marvel movies are pretty formulaic, so it does not mean much.

Caliga

Watched The Favourite this weekend with Emily.  I liked it but she HATED it. :hmm: (yes, I know it is full of historical inaccuracies)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points