News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

Congrats! You all have successfully reenacted the very same terms of my usual arguments with my friends about opera! :D
Que le grand cric me croque !

mongers

Is 'The Purge' worth a viewing? :unsure:

By the way, what a dreadful name for a film.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

I feel the urge, the urge to purge?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote from: mongers on January 25, 2019, 06:35:27 PM

Well I'm not sure that was a sensible use of my time.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on January 25, 2019, 09:18:37 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 25, 2019, 06:35:27 PM

Well I'm not sure that was a sensible use of my time.  :hmm:

If you have nothing better to do
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

First Man. Fairly decent biopic, in spite of making zero effort to make Gosling look like Armstrong.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Cobra Kai  :lol:

I love it

"There's no girls in Cobra Kai for the same reason there's no girls in the Army, It doesn't make sense!"

"Back in my day, If we want to tease someone, we do it to their face!"
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Just learned this.  Movie trivia question:

What nonexistent person has received two Oscar nominations?

frunk

Admiral Yi

[spoiler]Roderick Jaynes.  The Cohen brothers edited Fargo and Big Lebowski themselves (others movies? all?) but didn't want to give themselves a buttload of credits so they used a fake name.  Roderick Jaynes got editing nominations for those two movies.[/spoiler]

garbon

Watched Crazy Rich Asians and The Wife on the plane. Loved both.

Actually, I also saw Nobody's Fool but I felt like a fool for watching it. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

you better be talking about 2018 film and not 1994 Paul Newman one or shall have words.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Calm down, I'm talking the Tyler Perry.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Finished season 7 of Game of Thrones. It's good and all, but there's some lazy/weird writing in there.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zoupa

Quote from: The Brain on January 26, 2019, 05:44:28 PM
Finished season 7 of Game of Thrones. It's good and all, but there's some lazy/weird writing in there.

The teleportation drove me crazy.