News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Some people have been added to the list.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Josquius

This American show Lucifer amuses me.

Though it would be nice to see the format subverted for once. In oh so many shows you've two plot lines, the personal life and the mission/case/whatever.
A problem in the personal life usually aligns with the case and lessons are learned.
e.g. Lucifer is worried about self control and the case involves a school where the headmaster mentions about teaching kids self control....
In reality this case would come up about a month after Lucifer has done the self control stuff in his personal life
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

In reality, the devil probably doesn't exist.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 17, 2018, 05:03:30 AM
In reality, the devil probably doesn't exist.

Not even in the details?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Thor: Ragnarok. What the FUCK did I just watch? Complete and utter garbage.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Was it just an excuse to see Thor vs Hulk?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

Quote from: The Brain on March 17, 2018, 07:29:14 PM

:rolleyes:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on March 17, 2018, 07:29:14 PM

WTF?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

The movie was laughably bad. The worst crap I've seen in a long time.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Sometimes it does try too hard, but I enjoyed it. Certainly much more than Thor Dark World, which was dull and terrible.

That said, I think Guardians of the Galaxy strikes a better balance between outrageous comedy / telling a story with characters that make some sense.

celedhring

Annihilation: pfeh. Pretentious, but all fart and no poo. Decent nightmare fuel if you're into that sort of thing.