Ed Anger

The commercials look retarded.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2017, 04:09:41 PM
MacBeth II: The Quickening

THIS TIME ITS LOCH AND LOAD
Surely it's Loch and Lode.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

CountDeMoney

celedhring

Twin Peaks (first two eps) - enjoying it so far. It's pure Lynch - the good and the bad. Mystery box "nothing makes sense but wait!" kind of shows are dime a dozen nowadays, but few do weird like Lynch does. Still, I hope this goes somewhere, the lack of a strong hook (like the Laura Palmer murder in the original) makes it hard to sustain 18 eps of just weird stuff that might or might not make sense in the end.

mongers

Damn it, someone here or a comedian needs to use this story:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40140565

OK I'll have a go "Uncovered, source of inspiration for current generation of Hollywood scriptwriters." 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Go to bed, dear. You're drunk.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

On the telly Natasha Henstridge is hanging out in a small town with sheep and a dog. Species would actually kind of work as a title for this movie too.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

Saw Wonder Woman, really liked it. Shits all over Man of Steal and Batman vs. Superman.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Superman II is the bestest.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 04, 2017, 01:03:37 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 04, 2017, 09:15:43 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 04, 2017, 06:16:53 AM
Man of Steal

:bleeding:

Best part of that movie was Diane Lane.

Who gives a shit, still doesn't change the fact that Timmay is an international war criminal, and deserves a kimchi enema for what he does to South Korean youths.

garbon

Wonder Woman

I'm of mixed feelings. I really like Wonder Woman, generally. While this film is watchable - it suffers from what a lot of these superhero films do: it drags in bits. Also, while commendable [spoiler]as part of the new post-GoT trend of killing your darlings, killing of Steve Trevor kills off some of the levity that was part of the only previously successful live action version of the same name.[/spoiler]

WWI was a nice change of setting if only to spare us from the overly familiar WWII. Also, allowed for some fun shots in [spoiler]London.[/spoiler]

Will be interesting to see what they do with a sequel.

Closing thought, did think Gadot did quite a fine job. :cool:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 04, 2017, 01:28:35 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 04, 2017, 01:03:37 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 04, 2017, 09:15:43 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 04, 2017, 06:16:53 AM
Man of Steal

:bleeding:

Best part of that movie was Diane Lane.

Who gives a shit, still doesn't change the fact that Timmay is an international war criminal, and deserves a kimchi enema for what he does to South Korean youths.

He's a N.Korean agent, destroying the US-Korean alliance one spelling error at a time.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"