News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Doctor Strange. More like Doctor Stupid.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

So Puddles Pity Party appeared on America's Got Talent. I get to feel all hipstery.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Apparently sudden changes on Kevin Can Wait--

QuoteErinn Hayes, who stars opposite Kevin James in CBS' comedy "Kevin Can Wait" as his wife, Donna, is leaving the series, Variety has learned.

Sources say it was a matter of the show going in a different creative direction, and not a reflection of the actress' performance. The series stars James as a New York cop who retires after 20 years on the force, only to discover retirement is not as easy as he thought it would be.

Hayes confirmed the news on Twitter, writing, "True, I've been let go from the show. Very sad, I had a great experience season 1. Thank you for all the support from our wonderful fans."

QuoteHere comes the strange part — even weirder than the wife and mom character being let go from a family sitcom. The news happened a day after CBS announced that Leah Remini would join the cast as a series regular. Remini, who played James's wife on the hit CBS sitcom "The King of Queens" for nine seasons, guest-starred as an undercover cop in the "Kevin Can Wait" two-part season finale in May.

Apparently, things went well. Variety confirmed she'll return to play the same character, who was Kevin's former partner and rival on the police force.

Leah Remini :lol:  So Jersey dirty :lol:

viper37

Quote from: garbon on June 04, 2017, 04:26:09 PM
Wonder Woman

I'm of mixed feelings. I really like Wonder Woman, generally. While this film is watchable - it suffers from what a lot of these superhero films do: it drags in bits. Also, while commendable [spoiler]as part of the new post-GoT trend of killing your darlings, killing of Steve Trevor kills off some of the levity that was part of the only previously successful live action version of the same name.[/spoiler]

WWI was a nice change of setting if only to spare us from the overly familiar WWII. Also, allowed for some fun shots in [spoiler]London.[/spoiler]

Will be interesting to see what they do with a sequel.

Closing thought, did think Gadot did quite a fine job. :cool:
[spoiler]the boyfriend will be resurected as WW nemesis only to save her life at the end of the movie.  ;) [/spoiler]
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

And Viper, in true Frenchie douchebag style, goes in for the spoiler kill.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 04, 2017, 09:11:55 PM
So Puddles Pity Party appeared on America's Got Talent. I get to feel all hipstery.
Pffft.  I saw him at Belgium Comes to Cooperstown at Brewery Ommegang years ago. ;)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi

Watched Truth, a riveting docudrama torn from the headlines of 15 years ago. It's about the George Bush Champagne Squadron story that ended Dan Rather's career. The two problems I had with this flick were it's hard to know when they're spinning and when they're not, and the good guys are not terribly sympathetic.

celedhring

Anybody seen Live By Night? Considering a rental for tonight. I've liked all of previous Affleck's films, but this one got some pretty bad reviews.

Eddie Teach

It can't really decide if it wants to be a gangster flick or not.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2017, 10:27:11 PM
it's a super hero movie, heavily inspired by Captain America.  there ain't no spoiler to kill.

Besides, I haven't seen it yet.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: viper37 on June 06, 2017, 09:41:30 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2017, 10:27:11 PM
it's a super hero movie, heavily inspired by Captain America.  there ain't no spoiler to kill.

Besides, I haven't seen it yet.
I'd say it's as least as inspired by Thor as by First Avenger.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Watched a few minutes of Archer.  Eye candy: STRONG.

Ed Anger

Last Knights. Some sort of film with Clive Owen, a bunch of nobodies and Morgan Freeman collecting a check. A bit draggy but I was passably entertained with all the bro swordplay.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 06, 2017, 07:11:49 PM
Last Knights. Some sort of film with Clive Owen, a bunch of nobodies and Morgan Freeman collecting a check. A bit draggy but I was passably entertained with all the bro swordplay.

Yeah, agreed on that. Not too bad a film for the fighting.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 06, 2017, 07:11:49 PM
but I was passably entertained with all the bro swordplay.

I just bet you were.