News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

celedhring

Chronicles of Narnia (first one). Meh. Most entertaining bit is the final battle and the fact the good guys use child soldiers.

Get a feeling this material would've been much better if the movie had been done by brits. Seems to me they try too hard to implement a Hollywood epic fantasy template to it.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 27, 2014, 05:29:22 PM
Just.

Thanks, I feared as much, I'll give it a spin so to speak. :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Excellent.

They just don't make movies like this one anymore.

well, I mean other than this.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

I watched The Black Stallion tonight. :wub: What a wonderfully simple and elegant film. 

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Don't you have a 9,000 word review for the black Annie version to comma splice?

Ideologue

No.  If I'm going to see any of musical to come out this Christmas, it's Into the Woods.  Because I'm racist.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Top Five was pretty good. Shame no one is seeing it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

I'm not really racist.  I do want to see Selma.
Kinemalogue

garbon

I do not want to see Selma. My mother said: Selma who?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 27, 2014, 11:07:59 PM
I watched The Black Stallion tonight. :wub: What a wonderfully simple and elegant film.

I keep refusing to re-watch it. My memory of it is so perfect that I don't want to re-watch it just in case my childhood is ruined again.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!