News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Ideologue

Gojira (1954).  Robert Oppenheimer commits suicide and it makes Japan feels better.

A+
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Saving mr banks- decentish.

First few eps of arrow- yes. It's quite enjoyable shallow simple stuff

First 10 eps of Brooklyn 99. - not lough out loud stuff but makes me smile enough

██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Just saw the Godzilla trailer - I wasn't aware it was a monster vs monster flick! Might actually check it out now.

Norgy

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/american-godzilla-branded-too-fat-by-japanese-fans-9310028.html

QuoteIt appears Godzilla may have discovered Taco Bell's new breakfast range during his time in New York, because, as Japanese fans of the kaiju have pointed out, he's piled on the pounds in his latest cinema outing.

:sleep:

Caliga

I'd like to see them tell that to Godzilla's face. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Japanese fans weren't around for the late 90s/early 00s when Godzilla had ridiculous thighs for about four movies in a row, I guess.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on May 02, 2014, 07:26:19 AM
Japanese fans weren't around for the late 90s/early 00s when Godzilla had ridiculous thighs for about four movies in a row, I guess.

Your taste in women extends to radioactive monsters?  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Norgy

Personally, I don't much care for Godzilla's pointy elbows.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

dps

Syt

A Million Ways to Die in the West, by Seth MacFarlane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ORtLAxueLU

It's not Blazing Saddles (but then again: what is), but I think it'll do.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Watched a bit more of Arrow. Oh my, the Huntress is hot.

Queequeg

Quote from: celedhring on May 02, 2014, 05:44:32 PM
Watched a bit more of Arrow. Oh my, the Huntress is hot.
I read your posts in David Suchet's Poirot's voice, so every time you express attraction to a 20something American television actress I find it really amusing. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

celedhring