News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who shrank my sig!

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 06:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Malthus on March 08, 2011, 11:47:12 AM
The best game of all for TV watching is curling. You can see everything.

Nah. Beach Volleyball (women)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Nah - the nice thing about curling in person is it is usually played with multiple sheets going at once.  If you don't like one game, you can swivel your head over to another.  With TV you're stuck with whichever game the broadcasters want to show you.

That being said curling is a much better sport to play than it is to watch.  Though I'm always amazed to watch the Brier - DAMN those guys are good...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

I prefer the Scott's tournament of Hearts. Some of those Ladies are hott.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on March 08, 2011, 03:11:23 AM
Avatars are helpful for quickly identifying posters.  Signatures, on the other hand, are just pure virtual pollution.

You are gay.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: Josephus on March 08, 2011, 11:52:27 AM

Nah. Beach Volleyball (women)

Who watches the *game*?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on March 07, 2011, 07:45:23 PM
Well can you change them back a bit?  I hardly thought the sig was overly large - and certainly not the eyesore Alci's animated thing was.

I'd wanted to complain about it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: BVN on March 08, 2011, 03:47:00 AM
Quote from: DGuller on March 08, 2011, 03:11:23 AM
Avatars are helpful for quickly identifying posters.  Signatures, on the other hand, are just pure virtual pollution.

Except if they're funny which they hardly ever are...

Mine is hilarious, but only if read in a Dalek voice.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on March 08, 2011, 08:48:55 AM
Hockey sucks on TV but is fun in person.  Same exact thing with baseball.
No, hockey is fun on tv and in person, but baseball is crap no matter where.  That's my worst souvenir of a trip to Boston, seeing the Red Sox and the Blu Jays.  In fact, none of us could stand the game 'til then end.

The only sport that's as good on TV (as long as the commentators aren't too annoying) as being there in person is American football.
It's not the only one, but I agree with the rest of the sentence.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Caliga

What I like about going to a baseball game is everything going on other than the game at the game.  The crappy stadium food, amusing drunks, sweaty hot chicks, etc.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on March 08, 2011, 03:31:27 PM
No, hockey is fun on tv and in person, but baseball is crap no matter where.

Opinions like this warm my heart.  Baseball tickets are the only sporting event that is not absurdly overpriced these days.  I prefer to keep it that way.

Baseball is the only thing I watch in person anymore unless PDH is visiting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

I've attended a football game, many baseball games, a couple boxing matches, and a few basketball games.   All of them are better to watch on TV unless you have primo seats.   Football in particular is well suited for TV because you need the instant replay to see what you missed.

However I do agree with Cal about the hanging out aspect of a baseball stadium.   It's sort of like going to the county fair.  Or something.

edit: Oh yeah, and one hockey match.  That one sucks both in person and on TV.

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on March 07, 2011, 09:41:22 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 07, 2011, 09:12:09 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 07, 2011, 07:45:23 PM
Well can you change them back a bit?  I hardly thought the sig was overly large - and certainly not the eyesore Alci's animated thing was.
It was a little too big.  I have no idea what it was even at full size anyway.  Figure skating or something I guess.

It was a shot from the final game the Winnipeg Jets ever.  The "white out" in the crowd, the players all gathering together on the ice... it brings a tear to my eye even now.

You were supposed to get mad! :ultra:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on March 08, 2011, 04:15:00 PM
What I like about going to a baseball game is everything going on other than the game at the game.  The crappy stadium food, amusing drunks, sweaty hot chicks, etc.
Agree, and this is why minor league games are better than major league ones.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

:cool:

I've had more fun at Louisville Bats games than I used to have at Phillies or Red Sox games.

The vomiting drunks, nonstop fights and loutish behavior at the Vet is something I miss a little bit in the uber-polite South, however. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive