Duque de Bragança

Zoupa

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 07, 2011, 06:45:29 PM
Quote from: viper37 on March 07, 2011, 12:48:02 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 07, 2011, 09:46:21 AM
He is a crook but a popular one now ;)
why is he popular now?  Nostalgia?

Yeah and the fact he is no longer president  :lol:

It's mostly because Sarkozy is just so incredibly bad.

Concerning the charges, they're most likely true. He was mayor for about 15 years, lots of fishy stuff going on during those times.

Slargos

Quote from: Valmy on March 07, 2011, 12:57:17 PM
Quote from: Caliga on March 07, 2011, 09:20:38 AM
:yes: I thought this was just the way things worked in countries like France, Italy, Spain, etc. :hmm:

France usually ranks around where we rank on the corruption indexes...for what that's worth.  But Slargos probably feels the same way about Kentuckians.

I know that the frogs are slimey bastards, and if there's industrial thievery going on in Sweden it's typically the Russians or the French. I know that on a national level they will walk on the corpses of dead disabled children if it's necessary to further their national goals [and before grumbler interjects, it's just a figure of speech, I don't actually have any proof they've actually walked on said corpses though I have no doubt that it's already happened]. I have no idea what to say on the subject about Kentuckians.

All the croissants and romantic behaviour in the world can't make up for their colonial savagery and regicides. The French are an evil race, certainly not made less so after electing that scoundrel Sarkozy. But frankly, the destruction of the French by forced interbreeding with their colonial legacy might actually be a good thing, so perhaps Sarkozy is actually their only hope for redemption though simultaneously their tool for self-destruction.

CountDeMoney

Drakken

Quote from: Zoupa on March 08, 2011, 03:41:59 AM

Yeah. Sarkozy's is so bad, FN's hot MILF Marine Le Pen is ranking first in the polls.

Slargos

Quote from: Drakken on March 08, 2011, 03:10:14 PM

Yeah. Sarkozy's is so bad, FN's hot MILF Marine Le Pen is ranking first in the polls.

Who would've thought the French would get fed up with being lied to?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Drakken on March 08, 2011, 03:10:14 PM

Awesome.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on March 08, 2011, 10:51:25 PM
Wait, is she related to that French Hitler dude?
His daughter.  She will rule France and they will exterminate the criminal, non-white element.  France will once again be the shining light that it once was.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on March 07, 2011, 10:24:38 AM
Quote from: viper37 on March 07, 2011, 09:30:56 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 07, 2011, 08:50:33 AM
Any Euros know more about the validity of these charges?

But in these kind of cases, it's hard to tell.  It's not like there's a receipt for "100 000 euros in exchange of a job".

That's why the Germans are never very good at corruption.

You mean like Helmut Kohl, who received 2 million DM in donations from a source he refuses to reveal, even though the laws (that he himself signed during his time in office) demand he does?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.