And we're back!

Main Menu

Who shrank my sig!

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 06:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 07, 2011, 07:16:13 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 07, 2011, 07:12:46 PM
I've got enough pistols. Daddy wants a rifle with large magazine capacity to piss off leftists.

The standard for OMG SCARY ASSAULT RIFLE are the AK-47 types.  They're cheap, so get a couple and wave them both around at the same time.

WOLVERINES!!  :showoff:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on March 07, 2011, 09:12:09 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 07, 2011, 07:45:23 PM
Well can you change them back a bit?  I hardly thought the sig was overly large - and certainly not the eyesore Alci's animated thing was.
It was a little too big.  I have no idea what it was even at full size anyway.  Figure skating or something I guess.

It was a shot from the final game the Winnipeg Jets ever.  The "white out" in the crowd, the players all gathering together on the ice... it brings a tear to my eye even now.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

I have avatars and signatures disabled, maybe I'll enable them again, someday.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

DGuller

Avatars are helpful for quickly identifying posters.  Signatures, on the other hand, are just pure virtual pollution.

BVN

Quote from: DGuller on March 08, 2011, 03:11:23 AM
Avatars are helpful for quickly identifying posters.  Signatures, on the other hand, are just pure virtual pollution.

Except if they're funny which they hardly ever are...

Brazen

You always need at least three AK-47s. One to use and the other two for spares. Plus a hammer for maintenance.

Monoriu

I've never understood the Canadian thing about hockey.  When I was in Vancouver, I probably watched for 5 minutes before giving up.  It was too fast.  I couldn't find the ball on the screen :lol:

Grey Fox

That's your first mistake.

It's a puck.

Second mistake. Stop trying to follow it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I saw a guy in a Maple Leafs jersey during lunch break today.  :huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Hockey sucks on TV but is fun in person.  Same exact thing with baseball.

The only sport that's as good on TV (as long as the commentators aren't too annoying) as being there in person is American football.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josephus

Quote from: Monoriu on March 08, 2011, 05:15:20 AM
I've never understood the Canadian thing about hockey.  When I was in Vancouver, I probably watched for 5 minutes before giving up.  It was too fast.  I couldn't find the ball on the screen :lol:

Many years ago an American network, Fox, started to show hockey games. In order to make the game more easy to follow for American viewers, Fox pioneered a system where they put some kind of tag inside the puck so that on TV it would show a red streak trailing behind it, so people could see it easier.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: Caliga on March 08, 2011, 08:48:55 AM
Hockey sucks on TV but is fun in person.  Same exact thing with baseball.

The only sport that's as good on TV (as long as the commentators aren't too annoying) as being there in person is American football.

YAWN. You could watch all of Gone With The Wind, twice, in the time it takes to show a football game.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Football games are fun to watch. The problem is the telecasters are cramming way too many ads in the telecast.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Monoriu on March 08, 2011, 05:15:20 AM

Why do Americans love football, Euros love soccer, Indians loce cricket?

It's cultural.

Incidentally I think football is better on tv than in person (though I do love to catch a CFL game in person now and then) - too many lulls in the action in person that can be filled in by replays on TV.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

The best game of all for TV watching is curling. You can see everything.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius