And we're back!

Main Menu

Libyan Civil War Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2011, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

And of course,

Barack Obama > Ronald Reagan
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Neil

Quote from: Tyr on August 21, 2011, 09:52:09 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on August 21, 2011, 05:58:55 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 21, 2011, 05:57:45 PM
More importantly, where are his female bodyguards?
Surrendered.
The images going through my mind right now....lets just say they`re rather kinky and hot.
The rebels are probably going Patmaster on them.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Iormlund

Quote from: Tyr on August 21, 2011, 09:52:09 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on August 21, 2011, 05:58:55 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 21, 2011, 05:57:45 PM
More importantly, where are his female bodyguards?

Surrendered.

The images going through my mind right now....lets just say they`re rather kinky and hot.
Heh. It takes all sorts, I guess. I'm really not into gang rape fantasies.

sbr

Mr.Penguin

How it most suck to be a rebel from the eastern part of Libya now. While the upstart rebels from the mountains have taken Tripoli, has the Benghazi based rebels spent 4 months racing up and down the coast road between Azjdabiya and Brega...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

DGuller

I guess the chances of another reversal are slim now.  :(

Josquius

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on August 21, 2011, 11:14:46 PM
How it most suck to be a rebel from the eastern part of Libya now. While the upstart rebels from the mountains have taken Tripoli, has the Benghazi based rebels spent 4 months racing up and down the coast road between Azjdabiya and Brega...

Who were all these rebels supposidely brought in by boat?
Wouldn:t they be from the east?

Of course, your point still stands, sucks to be those guys stuck on the unglamourous front. But then the same is true of every war. For all the troops being showered with flowers and girls as they rode a tank through France there was some mook boiling alive in Burma.
██████
██████
██████

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Tyr on August 22, 2011, 12:18:13 AM
Quote from: Mr.Penguin on August 21, 2011, 11:14:46 PM

Who were all these rebels supposidely brought in by boat?
Wouldn:t they be from the east?

Of course, your point still stands, sucks to be those guys stuck on the unglamourous front. But then the same is true of every war. For all the troops being showered with flowers and girls as they rode a tank through France there was some mook boiling alive in Burma.

Those rebel that arrived by boat came from the Misrata pocket...

And I wouldn't call the Brega front unglamorous, remember until recently was brega the main front where all the international media was, where all the cameras was, remember all those posers from earlier in this thread...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

jimmy olsen

2010 - Left to Right: Ben-Ali of Tunisia, Saleh of Yemen, Qaddafi of Libya, Mubarak of Egypt

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Palisadoes

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 22, 2011, 02:13:12 AM
2010 - Left to Right: Ben-Ali of Tunisia, Saleh of Yemen, Qaddafi of Libya, Mubarak of Egypt

Whose hand is Saleh shaking? :huh:

Admiral Yi

jimmy olsen

Fightback? WTF! :bleeding:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44218013/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/#.TlIQomFLNac
QuoteTRIPOLI, Libya — Heavy fighting was reported near Moammar Gadhafi's compound Monday as government forces launched a fightback after rebels swept into the heart of the Libyan capital and crowds took to the streets to celebrate what they saw as the end of the dictator's four decades in power.

Rebel spokesman Mohammed Abdel-Rahman said tanks emerged from the complex, known as Bab al-Aziziya, and began firing shortly after dawn.

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Will they settle it through a fightoff?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.