News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Libyan Civil War Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2011, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palisadoes

The rebels seem to be taking Tripoli with ease. Hopefully they do not get repulsed/stuck in stalemate again.

MadImmortalMan

Now the ICC says they have him detained.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

More importantly, where are his female bodyguards?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

MadImmortalMan

Sky saying it was Saif Gaddafi that was detained. That's the younger son.

Palisadoes

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 21, 2011, 05:57:45 PM
More importantly, where are his female bodyguards?

Probably getting raped as we speak; I do not think it unimaginable that the rebels might use Gaddafi tactics on Gaddafi's forces.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

I thought he was against it from the beginning.  It's nice that the whole thing is working out well at the moment but that doesn't make it a good idea.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Nice to see people rejoicing from their newfound freedom.  I wonder when and how they're going to piss it away.  :hmm:

The Brain

They will soon tire of the chores of Tripoli.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

MSNBC has not deviated from its weekend lineup of prison shows and Chris Hansen busting pervs. LEAN FORWARD.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 21, 2011, 06:46:41 PM
MSNBC has not deviated from its weekend lineup of prison shows and Chris Hansen busting pervs. LEAN FORWARD.

hey hey, the one guy in the control room woke up.

JonasSalk

Yuman

MadImmortalMan