News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Libyan Civil War Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2011, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonasSalk

I doubt they'd kill him, or he killed himself, but you never know. There's no "official" word about him being captured or killed yet.
Yuman

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on August 21, 2011, 06:23:50 PM
Nice to see people rejoicing from their newfound freedom.  I wonder when and how they're going to piss it away.  :hmm:

Adopting the Gold Standard.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on August 21, 2011, 08:27:14 PM
Nice to see people rejoicing from their newfound freedom.  I wonder when and how they're going to piss it away.  :hmm:

What difference would that make in a place like Libya?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on August 21, 2011, 08:54:15 PM

Things can always get worse.

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on August 21, 2011, 09:00:28 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 21, 2011, 08:54:15 PM
Things can always get worse.
They can, but without understanding why things work, you don't understand the effect that adopting a gold standard in Libya.  Your problem is that you love parroting whatever Matthews, Maddow and Moore tell you to think.  You're like Martinus, only more mentally stable.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Neil

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on August 21, 2011, 09:22:19 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 21, 2011, 09:20:29 PM
Thomas Moore?
No.  Michael.

I really don't watch much TV.  Besides, I was always more of a CNN guy.

PDH

Fuck. Kudaf...Quada...Qada.... Gadaffi goes down.  Who would have thought that back in the 80s it would only take Lord Humungus to bring about defeat?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Neil

Well, hopefully Europe gets their fair share of collateral damage when North Africa goes to war.

Josquius

Quote from: Habbaku on August 21, 2011, 05:58:55 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 21, 2011, 05:57:45 PM
More importantly, where are his female bodyguards?

Surrendered.

The images going through my mind right now....lets just say they`re rather kinky and hot.
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: PDH on August 21, 2011, 09:30:09 PM
Fuck. Kudaf...Quada...Qada.... Gadaffi goes down.  Who would have thought that back in the 80s it would only take Lord Humungus to bring about defeat?

Lord Humungus > Ronald Reagan
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014