And we're back!

Main Menu

Libyan Civil War Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2011, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 15, 2011, 07:43:11 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 15, 2011, 07:35:45 PM
If the Saudis can intervene in bahrain I think it is only fair that the forces of liberation in Tunisia and Egypt intervene in Libya.

An Egyptian division could end this in two weeks.
The only way it could be better is if the Israelis intervene.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 15, 2011, 07:48:16 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 15, 2011, 07:43:11 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 15, 2011, 07:35:45 PM
If the Saudis can intervene in bahrain I think it is only fair that the forces of liberation in Tunisia and Egypt intervene in Libya.

An Egyptian division could end this in two weeks.
The only way it could be better is if the Israelis intervene.

An Israeli battalion then. That would be jewawesome.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Are you kidding?  Like me, the Israelis are hoping this thing lasts as long as possible.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I wonder if we've gotten to the point that no matter who wins the tribes that backed the losers will be butchered.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on March 15, 2011, 08:24:44 PM
I wonder if we've gotten to the point that no matter who wins the tribes that backed the losers will be butchered.
We got to that point on day 1.

citizen k

Quote from: Caliga on March 15, 2011, 08:59:37 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 15, 2011, 08:24:44 PM
We got to that point on day 1.

As in day 1 of walking upright.

Caliga

derspiess

I know I'm probably missing something, but if the Arab League is so much in favor of a no-fly zone, what is stopping them from pooling some jet fighters from member nations, basing them in western Egypt, and doing the no-fly zone thing themselves?  :unsure:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 16, 2011, 10:37:46 AM
I know I'm probably missing something, but if the Arab League is so much in favor of a no-fly zone, what is stopping them from pooling some jet fighters from member nations, basing them in western Egypt, and doing the no-fly zone thing themselves?  :unsure:

Cowardice?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

They need to be ever-vigilant of the JOOOOOOOS stabbing them in the back. :)

Mr.Penguin

Well, at least there is some Italian SP guns in the western dessert again, now we only need some German panzers...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

citizen k

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on March 16, 2011, 03:14:02 PM

Yep, I think that just about wraps it up for the opposition. Many are voting with their feet and fleeing to Egypt.

Admiral Yi

The next meeting of the Arab League should be interesting.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on March 16, 2011, 10:37:46 AM

Because it is easier if big daddy does all the work and they can bitch if Big Daddy stays asleep on the couch. Win-Win.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Yes.  Complain about American non-involvement on one hand while bitching about how they won't stand for American involvement on the other.  Didn't Gadaffi leave the league because of that useless petty crap?
PDH!