News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Libyan Civil War Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2011, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Read in the FT that Kaddafi may be running out of FX.  Black market rate has jumped 30% and people are lining up for bread.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 15, 2011, 04:47:24 PM
Quote from: citizen k on March 15, 2011, 04:43:45 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 15, 2011, 04:20:09 PM
reminds me of the .ru news reporting during the 2nd gulf war. THE AMERICANS HAVE BEEN DRIVEN BACK

And the classic,"Baghdad will be a Stalingrad for American forces."

And the classic 'the Fedayeen Saddam drove the 3rd division back in middle of a dust storm!'.

Man, I had forgotten about all that shit.  Wonder if there's a repository of some sort for all the mis-reporting that took place.  My mother in law called up at one point to tell me how concerned she was that the US was losing :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on March 15, 2011, 05:08:51 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 15, 2011, 04:47:24 PM
Quote from: citizen k on March 15, 2011, 04:43:45 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 15, 2011, 04:20:09 PM
reminds me of the .ru news reporting during the 2nd gulf war. THE AMERICANS HAVE BEEN DRIVEN BACK

And the classic,"Baghdad will be a Stalingrad for American forces."

And the classic 'the Fedayeen Saddam drove the 3rd division back in middle of a dust storm!'.

Man, I had forgotten about all that shit.  Wonder if there's a repository of some sort for all the mis-reporting that took place.  My mother in law called up at one point to tell me how concerned she was that the US was losing :lol:

Argies secretly crave our fall.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 15, 2011, 06:46:05 PM
Agedabia falls to Gadhafi's forces. :cool:

edit: This is a pretty cool map btw: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/interactive/2011/feb/27/libya-tripoli-unrest-gaddafi-map

The defenses didn't even last a day. Next week in Tobruk!

Ed Anger

I hope the rebel scum didn't fuck up Leptis Magna.

Caliga

Soon it will be time for me to switch sides, but I kinda don't want to.  Gadhafi's craziness is starting to grow on me. :hmm:

MadImmortalMan

I wish I could buy myself a country...
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

I'm kinda hoping for a badass battle in Tobruk complete with old Aussies giving it one last go in their dusty old Ford Dingoes. :showoff:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 15, 2011, 07:06:58 PM
I'm kinda hoping for a badass battle in Tobruk complete with old Aussies giving it one last go in their dusty old Ford Dingoes. :showoff:

The brits will of course sacrifice their colonial troops while theirs cower away from the enemy.

Caliga

The coolest ending to this uprising/civil war EVAR would be if Patton came barrelling into Libya from the Tunisian border.

LIKE SHIT THROUGH A GOOSE.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 15, 2011, 07:16:22 PM
The coolest ending to this uprising/civil war EVAR would be if Patton came barrelling into Libya from the Tunisian border.

LIKE SHIT THROUGH A GOOSE.

And strangled Monty with his jockstrap.

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on March 15, 2011, 06:46:05 PM
Agedabia falls to Gadhafi's forces. :cool:

edit: This is a pretty cool map btw: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/interactive/2011/feb/27/libya-tripoli-unrest-gaddafi-map

Rebels need more Toyotas.  I wish Obama had kept his goddamn mouth shut.  Now when the Colonel wins he'll be pissed as us again.  I mean, we just fixed relations with Libya.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

If the Saudis can intervene in bahrain I think it is only fair that the forces of liberation in Tunisia and Egypt intervene in Libya. 
PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 15, 2011, 07:35:45 PM
If the Saudis can intervene in bahrain I think it is only fair that the forces of liberation in Tunisia and Egypt intervene in Libya.

An Egyptian division could end this in two weeks.