News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Libyan Civil War Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2011, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Will America use cluster munitions on Mummar's troops? Will Euros, who hate the things, whine about it while America helps enforce the no-fly zone?

Tune in same bat time, same bat channel!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I made zoups cry back in 2006. :)  Of course, the IDF helped.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zoupa

Quote from: grumbler on March 17, 2011, 12:45:41 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on March 17, 2011, 02:21:10 AM
What's all this tribal talk? Whoever wins, no "tribe" is getting butchered afterwards. The fighting is not going down tribal lines.
:rolleyes:  You're not even trying any more.

:huh: I'm not trolling. Just the view I got from a bunch of ex-patriates here.

Zoupa

Quote from: Razgovory on March 17, 2011, 09:14:44 PM
I made zoups cry back in 2006. :)  Of course, the IDF helped.

Pics or it didn't happen.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Kleves on March 17, 2011, 06:00:21 PM
Hopefully this won't end up involving American planes... but, if anything is to be done, it will, of course, have to.  :glare:

We should get the Europeans to reimburse us for the costs. Sarkozy wants this to happen for political reasons and it's gonna be the US doing the heavy lifting, so he can foot the bill. :)
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

lustindarkness

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 17, 2011, 08:02:23 PM
Tim tainted Libyan freedom.

We should request the UN to impose a No-Post Zone over Timmy.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

citizen k

Zoupa

That's not 2003. It's also nothing to do with the IDF.

Plus, I ain't bald. All in all a poor effort. I swear to Hod, I used to get more hits back on EUOT, and that was 10 years ago.

Of course, you republikkkans had to go through a decade of Hannity, Beck, Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Coulter and Palin speeches. I shouldn't expect too much.  :(

Monoriu

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 17, 2011, 06:10:12 PM
I'm surprised China didn't veto it.

Why?  China didn't veto the Iraq no fly zone.  It doesn't really matter to China. 

Monoriu

Actually, I think China wants to vote yes, but is bound by its rhetoric to abstain.  China is a target of terrorists.  China needs oil and will benefit if oil prices drop.  China desires a stable world in which to grow and to make money.  China wants to bargain with the US at the table, not be seen as an obstructionist.  Qaddafi is a past supporter of terrorists.  He is a huge destablising factor which causes oil prices to rise.  He is of no use to China, and has caused hod knows how many billions in economic damage to Chinese oil and construction companies.  China wants him gone ASAP, but cannot say it publicly for fear of contradicting its rhetoric on not inferring with another country's affairs. 

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tyr on March 17, 2011, 06:15:21 PM
More Russia that surprises me.

I guess maybe they figure its better to end it asap rather than to let it drag on and unrest to build again and for it all to be a constant fixture of the news?
But then surely they're encouraging others...

it might be an indirect warning to Azerbaidjan after their threat to down Armenian airliners. An extra argument for Russia to intervene there shold that be needed.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on March 18, 2011, 01:14:49 AM
Quote from: Tyr on March 17, 2011, 06:15:21 PM
More Russia that surprises me.

I guess maybe they figure its better to end it asap rather than to let it drag on and unrest to build again and for it all to be a constant fixture of the news?
But then surely they're encouraging others...

it might be an indirect warning to Azerbaidjan after their threat to down Armenian airliners. An extra argument for Russia to intervene there shold that be needed.
Would they really need to telegraph their intentions that way? Surely the Russian ambassador will just bluntly issue a warning that that won't be tolerated if they think things are gonna go down.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point