And we're back!

Main Menu

Libyan Civil War Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2011, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 17, 2011, 05:44:01 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 17, 2011, 05:37:37 PM
With the now inevitable US action, I have to withdraw my internet support for Mummar. :weep:

NO BLOOD FOR OIL.
I've decided I am in favor of the no-fly zone.  The result will be: longer war, ergo more dead America-hating Arabs. :)

Goddamn imperialistic Europeans.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Kleves

Hopefully this won't end up involving American planes... but, if anything is to be done, it will, of course, have to.  :glare:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Caliga

Quote from: Kleves on March 17, 2011, 06:00:21 PM
Hopefully this won't end up involving American planes...
Hopefully I'll win a billion dollars in the lottery I didn't buy a ticket for tomorrow... but that's as likely as lack of American planes. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Slargos

Quote from: Caliga on March 17, 2011, 05:44:01 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 17, 2011, 05:37:37 PM
With the now inevitable US action, I have to withdraw my internet support for Mummar. :weep:

NO BLOOD FOR OIL.
I've decided I am in favor of the no-fly zone.  The result will be: longer war, ergo more dead America-hating Arabs. :)

I was going to argue against the no-fly zone under the premise that a people that isn't motivated enough to secure their own freedom doesn't deserve it, but your flawless rhetoric has swayed me.  :sleep:

Caliga

Yeah.  Once the rebels start pushing back toward Sirte, I'll switch sides.  Me = pragmatic. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

I'm surprised China didn't veto it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

More Russia that surprises me.

I guess maybe they figure its better to end it asap rather than to let it drag on and unrest to build again and for it all to be a constant fixture of the news?
But then surely they're encouraging others...
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Could we at least get the new Libyan regime to reimburse us for fuel costs (mileage?) once we flatten Gadaffi?  Or free oil or something?  If we *have* to get involved, it shouldn't cost us anything.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

Quote from: derspiess on March 17, 2011, 06:38:11 PM
Could we at least get the new Libyan regime to reimburse us for fuel costs (mileage?) once we flatten Gadaffi?  Or free oil or something?  If we *have* to get involved, it shouldn't cost us anything.
We've got all Gadaffi's millions.
Hopefully we'll show some balls and take part of it to cover our expenses.
Probally not though. If we tried the Libyans would whinge.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on March 17, 2011, 05:44:01 PMI've decided I am in favor of the no-fly zone.  The result will be: longer war, ergo more dead America-hating Arabs. :)

Well, duh.  When are you people going to figure out that's all that matters?  Every Muslim that earns his little Mohammedian angel wings is a victory for The Age of Reason, regardless of the cultural relativism Dances With Hashemites spouts.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Legbiter

So when's shit going to get blowed up real good by the West?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

JonasSalk

If they were going to do this, they should have done it two weeks about when the rebs were winning.  Now that they're almost all crushed, I doubt this will do much.
Yuman

jimmy olsen

Quote from: JonasSalk on March 17, 2011, 07:52:05 PM
If they were going to do this, they should have done it two weeks about when the rebs were winning.  Now that they're almost all crushed, I doubt this will do much.
Qadaffi's elite units are small though, wouldn't take much to rip them apart from the air. Once that's done the rebels should be able to retake the initiative.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!