Libyan Civil War Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, March 05, 2011, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: Berkut on March 11, 2011, 12:18:53 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 11, 2011, 11:57:11 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 09, 2011, 07:14:28 PM
Quote from: Caliga on March 09, 2011, 07:11:16 PM
Yes he does.  Chavez will send: El Condor Legion. :)
I forgot all about him.  Wouldn't that be fascinating if he sent some boys over?

What would be fascinating is how he got them there.

LOL, that is a really good point.

As an American, I pretty much just take it for granted that we can get troops almost anywhere we want as a matter of course...
Maybe Chavez could get a loan of some ships from his friends in Congress and Hollywood?   ;)

Razgovory

Or perhaps Halliburton can help out.  They do business in Libya and they have experience in military matters.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

KRonn

Quote from: Razgovory on March 11, 2011, 12:58:18 PM
Or perhaps Halliburton can help out.  They do business in Libya and they have experience in military matters.
Yeah, then Dick Cheney can ride to the rescue!!   Invite Ghaddafi to a hunting trip.     :ph34r:

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 11, 2011, 11:57:11 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 09, 2011, 07:14:28 PM
Quote from: Caliga on March 09, 2011, 07:11:16 PM
Yes he does.  Chavez will send: El Condor Legion. :)
I forgot all about him.  Wouldn't that be fascinating if he sent some boys over?

What would be fascinating is how he got them there.

I'm sure there's a shipping company he's nationalized that hasn't been run into the ground quite yet.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Zoupa

Quote from: Valmy on March 11, 2011, 12:27:56 PM
Quote from: Mr.Penguin on March 11, 2011, 12:26:20 PM
France should go at it alone, with both air stikes and ground troops, a chance to regain some of their past glory and ofcourse improve the ratings of President Sarkozy... :contract:

They would only do so if it was a former colony of theirs.

Pretty much.

So when are the Marines and shit going in? If only Khadafi had tried to kill Obama's dad.

You guys need to hurry and send your boys to get torn up already. American blood looks so awesome when splattered all over sand.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Zoupa on March 11, 2011, 05:30:07 PM
France should go at it alone, with both air stikes and ground troops, a chance to regain some of their past glory and ofcourse improve the ratings of President Sarkozy... :contract:

Pretty much.

So when are the Marines and shit going in? If only Khadafi had tried to kill Obama's dad.

You guys need to hurry and send your boys to get torn up already. American blood looks so awesome when splattered all over sand.

1/10.

Try harder.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zoupa

You think I'm trolling? I'm the dude who supports hezbollah and hamas and shit, remember, because I like Beyrouth.  :wacko:

Hey, a fucked up Humvee from IED means another order coming in! Aren't you guys in a recession?

Business could be booming. Arh arh.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Zoupa

I dont ragequit, I just stop clicking on the ''serious'' threads for a while each time I'm reminded how barf-worthy or unfunny lots of people are on languish.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Zoupa on March 11, 2011, 05:37:18 PM
You think I'm trolling? I'm the dude who supports hezbollah and hamas and shit, remember, because I like Beyrouth.  :wacko:

Hey, a fucked up Humvee from IED means another order coming in! Aren't you guys in a recession?

Business could be booming. Arh arh.

I'm sure Timmay will get all outraged and stuff and bite on your troll sausage.

Zoupa

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on March 11, 2011, 05:41:26 PM
I dont ragequit, I just stop clicking on the ''serious'' threads for a while each time I'm reminded how barf-worthy or unfunny lots of people are on languish.

Hey now sometimes I am not entirely barf-worthy and unfunny.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

CNN reports major rebel retreat underway.

Viking

Quote from: Zoupa on March 11, 2011, 05:30:07 PM

Pretty much.

In that case the Kikuyu really should be shitting bricks since a Luo wields the US Marine Corps and the World's largest Nuclear Arsenal.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Legbiter

Gadaffi will win unless he's overthrown by the West.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.