Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Peel it while it's still hot.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Place the eggs in icewater after boiling.  They don't stick unless they are still hot.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jacob

There's some egg-celent advice in this thread.

The Brain

I just had three boiled eggs. Some religions think that the egg is the symbol of the soul, did you know that?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

47 more and you save all the inmates souls.

derspiess

Deviled eggs are nasty.  If I'm starving I'll eat a boiled egg, as long as I have plenty of salt & pepper to pour on it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on May 01, 2018, 04:02:20 PM
Deviled eggs are nasty.  If I'm starving I'll eat a boiled egg, as long as I have plenty of salt & pepper to pour on it.

Okay, Ohio. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on May 01, 2018, 11:32:16 AM
I recall that my mother and aunt one year went through all the various bits of wisdom on how to make easy to peel eggs for mass batches of devilled eggs. They found nothing that consistently worked. :(

Steaming - I do it in a pressure cooker - is consistently an improvement in my experience.

DGuller

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 01, 2018, 12:53:23 PM
Peel it while it's still hot.
I would guess that the opposite is what you want.  If you cool down the egg, it should contract inside the shell and let go of it.  Problem is that eating cold boiled eggs is so bleh.

The Brain

When you own an egg boiler every problem looks like an egg.

KRonn

Quote from: The Brain on May 01, 2018, 06:54:13 PM
When you own an egg boiler every problem looks like an egg.

:D

derspiess

The best use for a boiled egg is in a Scotch egg. Had one for the first time a few weeks ago from a local food truck and now I wish all eggs were Scotch eggs.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

This morning I had two boiled eggs.

garbon

I had a cup of English Breakfast.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

I read about The Brain having two boiled eggs this morning.