Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I shit out a super turd at 2pm.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Nobody gives two royal rat fucks about your life of leisure, Colonel Assbag.

Barrister

Taking the train home last night.  As soon as I get to my station I can tell there's going to be a problem.  There are way more people standing there than there normally would.  A transit worker in giving some instructions - he says that no trains are going northbound, but that they are running southbound.  That's good, cuz I'm going southbound.

But 5 minutes later we're then told that no trains are coming to this station.  We all should go to the next station.  That's not a huge deal - it's only 2-3 blocks away.

But when I get to the next station an announcement is coming over the intercom.  No trains are running most of downtown.  Bussing will be sent... eventually.

But it sounds like trains are running at one station downtown.  By the legislature in the SW corner of downtown.  Which is unfortunate because I work in the NE corner.  But oh well, I head off.

After a half hour walk I get to the station.  Yup trains are running.  I wind up getting home an hour late.  Good thing the kids don't have soccer on Wednesdays.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

See Meri, that's why people hate public transit eventually.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 08, 2017, 10:56:50 AM
See Meri, that's why people hate public transit eventually.

Bah - that sort of thing happens every couple of years.  I remember another time when high winds snapped several crossing arms, which meant the trains couldn't run through those intersections.  I waited for the replacement busses, which took something like an hour, and made me late for work.

But how often are there problems in traffic?  All the freakin time.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

It rained yesterday, so I took the subway instead of walking home. At the exit was a university student doing fundraising for the WWF.

When she tried to talk to me I told her that I'd never forgive them for what they did to Bret Hart in Montreal in '97 and walked on.

She seemed confused.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on July 27, 2017, 10:19:46 AM
It rained yesterday, so I took the subway instead of walking home. At the exit was a university student doing fundraising for the WWF.

When she tried to talk to me I told her that I'd never forgive them for what they did to Bret Hart in Montreal in '97 and walked on.

She seemed confused.

She might not have been born back then.  :P

Eddie Teach

And there's a very good chance that she wouldn't consider WWE worth notice.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

I know.  I want it back.

The Brain

Today there was a hot army chick on the bus.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Somebody tried to kill themselves across the street. So I watched the cops and medics for a bit this morning. Then a scarecenter 7 TV van showed up and I disappeared before they wanted to talk to me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on August 15, 2017, 09:54:11 AM

Did you get her number?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 15, 2017, 11:17:35 AM
Quote from: The Brain on August 15, 2017, 09:54:11 AM

Did you get her number?

We perv on the rank, not the woman.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.