News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I love my new job

Started by Hansmeister, April 10, 2009, 07:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

I'm considering joining the army, but I'm afraid of entering the army clique on Languish.   :Embarrass:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

The Nickname Who Was Thursday

Quote from: Queequeg on April 11, 2009, 12:14:51 AM
I'm considering joining the army, but I'm afraid of entering the army clique on Languish.   :Embarrass:

You would certainly revolutionize people's opinions about you.
The Erstwhile Eddie Teach

MadBurgerMaker

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 10, 2009, 07:14:48 AM
My Company consists mainly of brand new privates (a good chunk which are still in High School)
How is that possible?

Aside: is Sgt. Major a temporary or permanent rank?

Hansmeister

Hansmeister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 11, 2009, 02:04:50 AM
Quote from: Hansmeister on April 10, 2009, 07:14:48 AM
My Company consists mainly of brand new privates (a good chunk which are still in High School)
How is that possible?

Aside: is Sgt. Major a temporary or permanent rank?

It's an Army Reserve Company.

And Sergeant Major is a permanent rank.  Command Sergeant Major technically is a temporary rank, but rarely in practice.

Ed Anger

There is no Armenian brigade, or Cataphracts.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

What MOS are you thinking of?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

FunkMonk

Don't let us deter you. It's a worthy profession.  :P
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Queequeg

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 11, 2009, 07:51:43 AM

But...but....how are we to deal with Sistani cavalry without our own Cataphracts? 

Actually a big reason I've been thinking about joining recently was this ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRhVRf63su8 ).  Getting Taliban is the closest I could ever get to getting Talat Pasha.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Queequeg on April 11, 2009, 01:28:32 PM

But...but....how are we to deal with Sistani cavalry without our own Cataphracts? 

Actually a big reason I've been thinking about joining recently was this ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRhVRf63su8 ).  Getting Taliban is the closest I could ever get to getting Talat Pasha.

1) I'm turned on now.

2) I bet if you join, you won't see Afghanistan. So join the navy. See Asian whores.

Queequeg

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 11, 2009, 01:37:28 PM

1) I'm turned on now.

2) I bet if you join, you won't see Afghanistan. So join the navy. See Asian whores.
You think we'll be out of Afghanistan by the time I'd be ready for everything?  I doubt it.  If my 17 year old sister joined ROTC in two years I'd think she would serve in Afghanistan. 

Ed Anger

Quote from: Queequeg on April 11, 2009, 01:39:41 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 11, 2009, 01:37:28 PM

1) I'm turned on now.

You think we'll be out of Afghanistan by the time I'd be ready for everything?  I doubt it.  If my 17 year old sister joined ROTC in two years I'd think she would serve in Afghanistan.

I think the numbers used in Afghanistan will never reach high levels. Most army pukes will spend their time at their bases in America.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 11, 2009, 06:32:19 AM
But still.  If you guys deploy do they get yanked out of school?

Hansmeister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 11, 2009, 02:43:34 PM
Quote from: Hansmeister on April 11, 2009, 06:32:19 AM
But still.  If you guys deploy do they get yanked out of school?

They're in what's called "split option", where they attend Basic this summer and their Advanced training next year.  Thus, they can't be deployed until they finish high school.