And we're back!

Main Menu

I love my new job

Started by Hansmeister, April 10, 2009, 07:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: katmai on April 11, 2009, 07:56:07 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 11, 2009, 01:37:28 PM

2) I bet if you join, you won't see Afghanistan. So join the navy. See Asian whores.

My cousin in the navy just went back to Afghanistan this week. :P

Technically he'd still get to see Asian whores, just that they'd be Tajiks or imports. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Phillip V

Quote from: Queequeg on April 11, 2009, 12:14:51 AM
I'm considering joining the army, but I'm afraid of entering the army clique on Languish.   :Embarrass:
Enlisting? Going to college? High school graduate? ROTC? OCS?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 10, 2009, 09:06:50 AMI wanted to go MI Warrant but my wife vetoed that as well since I would constantly be deployed.

Should've fired your boss.

Hansmeister

I just found out that I can't expect the rest of my full-time staff to arrive until next year at the earliest since the Army is broke.  Furthermore, that second company that will move into my Reserve Center this summer will have no full-time staff for the same reason, so I'll have to run that one as well.

We're also out of money for training, so I can get trained up to use the various tools in managing a Company and a Reserve Facility.

Oh well, lots of extra work, it should at least be interesting.

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 12, 2009, 06:44:09 AM
Quote from: Hansmeister on April 10, 2009, 09:06:50 AMI wanted to go MI Warrant but my wife vetoed that as well since I would constantly be deployed.

Should've fired your boss.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
and the horse you rode in on

Caliga

Question: If you're a Sergeant, Hans, what are you doing running a Company (or now, as you put it, two companies?)  I thought that was a Captain's job.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Hansmeister

Quote from: Caliga on April 14, 2009, 02:31:53 PM
Question: If you're a Sergeant, Hans, what are you doing running a Company (or now, as you put it, two companies?)  I thought that was a Captain's job.

Since we're Special Ops they are actually run by Majors.

However, since these are reserve Companies the officers are reservists, so they're only available 2 days out of the month.  So I'm the senior full-timer actually running the company and having to make all the decisions.  It helps that we have similar views on what we should do so she defers to me on most issues.  She is an ROTC instructor at Duke in her regular job and that keeps her pretty busy most of the times.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 14, 2009, 02:47:53 PM
It helps that we have similar views on what we should do so she defers to me on most issues. 

She knows that if she doesnt do has you tell her you will fire her.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2009, 02:51:03 PM
She knows that if she doesnt do has you tell her you will fire her.

Really?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2009, 02:55:20 PM
Yes really

It took me a few seconds to figure out that has = as. :sadblush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 14, 2009, 02:19:45 PM
I just found out that I can't expect the rest of my full-time staff to arrive until next year at the earliest since the Army is broke.  Furthermore, that second company that will move into my Reserve Center this summer will have no full-time staff for the same reason, so I'll have to run that one as well.

We're also out of money for training, so I can get trained up to use the various tools in managing a Company and a Reserve Facility.

Oh well, lots of extra work, it should at least be interesting.
One reason why I want to avoid Reserve duty and be activated/mobilized as much as possible. Don't get paid enough for all the extra work that needs to be done. I credit the non-paid hours for retirement points, but that gives me little solace.

Phillip V

She is an ROTC instructor at Duke in her regular job and that keeps her pretty busy most of the times.
Ask her about the quality of cadets they are recruiting these days. I am tired of dealing with cadets that have "moral waivers", cut themselves, and shit themselves drunk on the side of the road, but still get retained by ROTC because the Commander does not want his numbers to look bad.

Hansmeister

Quote from: Phillip V on April 14, 2009, 03:15:35 PM

She is an ROTC instructor at Duke in her regular job and that keeps her pretty busy most of the times.
Ask her about the quality of cadets they are recruiting these days. I am tired of dealing with cadets that have "moral waivers", cut themselves, and shit themselves drunk on the side of the road, but still get retained by ROTC because the Commander does not want his numbers to look bad.

Normally they're supposed to wait until they make LTC before doing that.

Caliga

Since we're Special Ops they are actually run by Majors.

However, since these are reserve Companies the officers are reservists, so they're only available 2 days out of the month.  So I'm the senior full-timer actually running the company and having to make all the decisions.  It helps that we have similar views on what we should do so she defers to me on most issues.  She is an ROTC instructor at Duke in her regular job and that keeps her pretty busy most of the times.

Ok, gotcha.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points