And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on July 08, 2009, 12:30:14 PM
Quote from: Berkut on July 08, 2009, 12:26:57 PM
Allying with the Ottomans as the Hapsburgs to war on the Pope automatically repudiates any gripes you can make about the Protestants winning.

Those Ottoman ships must've had Protestant refugees on them.  Is that why you attacked them so zealously?

Blah, blah, blah, you allied with the Ottomans so you could war on the Pope, and the Protestants won. The actions of the Pope are not relevant at that point. If you did not want the Pope to be sinking Ottoman and Hapsburgs ships, you probably should not have allied with them and sent your army into Italy, instead of Germany.

It was not bad play on your part, since had it worked you would have won, but really, don't bitch to the Pope about the Protestants winning when it didn't work. When Ottoman and Hapsburgs allies park themselves in Italy, and siege every single one of my keys, the Protestants? Don't care about them anymore - they are YOUR problem.

It was terrible play on the part of the Ottomans though, since he had no chance of winning even if it had worked - since then you would have won.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on July 08, 2009, 12:21:55 PMYour squadrons in Corunna cannot make it that far on 2 moves.  The Atlantic and Barbary Coast are not connected--Gibraltar is in the way.

Donnerwetter. Okay, I'll park them in Gibraltar then and let England be on their way.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ehrie

I'm on the road most of the day today. I'll have my turn up at some point today, probably in a few hours.

ehrie

England: Message
Home Card for CPs

2/5 Build 1 Fleet in London.
3/5 Move Fleet into North Sea
5/5 Move Brandon, 3+2 to Calais

Tamas, can you put this into the file when you take your turn? Thanks.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Are you guys telling me that no one has made any files since spring? :bleeding:

ulmont

Quote from: Tamas on July 12, 2009, 11:54:49 AM
Are you guys telling me that no one has made any files since spring? :bleeding:

No.  Delirium sent out a file, which was sent to your gmail; I just re-forwarded it to you.  It is true that ehrie made no file.

Tamas

Playing my home card for ops:
4/5: build two flees in Rouen
5/5: move 3 fleets to the Channel

ulmont

Delirium

Don't want to sound too negative, but do we think we could pick up the pace somewhat? A move every two days like now in turn 7 is the worst we've ever done I think.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

Doh, I just messed up my CR roll, and ended up rolling an extra die.

However, given that the troops are not Hungarian, duh, I would rather not even try to convert where I was planning on converting (eastern Germany), so unless the Prot objects, I will undo my play and CR in France instead, and start my rolls from scratch?

Is that ok with you?

0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on July 13, 2009, 02:20:08 PM
I will undo my play and CR in France instead, and start my rolls from scratch?

Is that ok with you?

Yeah, that's fine.

Berkut

CR in France instead with Carraffa, flipped 2/3 spaces, no VP change.

0 rows returned

ulmont

Calvin had a vicious debate against Caraffa, which was inconclusive.  Bullinger, however, managed to disgrace Tetzel, flipping Nice and Brest.

Sending out a file as soon as I can finish up the ACTS shit; ACTS is being very slow for me right now.

Berkut

Mmmm, yummy French debaters! Tasty!

0 rows returned