Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehrie

England: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 7

Message from England:
Calais 4 English dice vs 3 Frogs, English first

1 hit each. Merc dies on each side. file coming shortly.

Habbaku

:huh: So Dudley and 3 troops hit Calais with no CCs and somehow get 4 dice?  Dudley's combat rating is zero.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ehrie

Doh. :bleeding: Forgot he was a 0. Reolling.

ehrie

England: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 6

Message from England:
Reroll. First 3 English, last three French

Dudley being a zero obviously meant he is better for some reason. Tamas can you edit my file?

Tamas

Habbaku

As usual, Tamas feels fine commenting but not actually making his move.

I propose that I run France from here on out.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on July 23, 2009, 07:39:23 AM
As usual, Tamas feels fine commenting but not actually making his move.

I propose that I run France from here on out.

I am at work goddamit

Tamas

Actually, seeing the board, I pass this turn.

ulmont

Berkut

Swiss mercs to drop a merc in Venica and Ravenna

Prots are up.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

QuoteProtestant: Play Card as Operations

#86: 2 / Knights of St John

Message from Protestant:
1/2 - Assault Augsburg.

Protestant: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 6

Message from Protestant:
3 dice from armies (5/2) + 1 from Maurice = 4 Protestant dice.

1 die from army + 1 from defending = 2 Habsburg dice.

Protestant dice first.

Protestant: Message

While I await Del's Foul Weather or other reaction card to undo my Augsburg conquest, I'll just move Maurice and his stack to Nuremberg.

Will also go ahead and eventually adjust VPs on ACTS, which is really slow for me right now.

Habbaku

What file are you running from, Ulmont?  You don't have my latest builds in the one you sent and those took place a while ago...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on July 24, 2009, 10:29:27 AM
What file are you running from, Ulmont?  You don't have my latest builds in the one you sent and those took place a while ago...

I ran from Berkut's file, unless I was off a round there.  Let me check...

...yeah, the Languish-HIS9-T7-20-Papacy4.gmv file sent this morning.

Habbaku

That's not the file you ran from or, if you did, you didn't actually save the game state.

I'll just add your move to my file.

Quote#39: 4 / Augsburg Confession

Message from Ottoman:
Playing for CPs :

1-2/4 - Raise 1 squadron in Lepanto.
3/4 - Naval move. Navy congregates in Ionian Sea.

Rolling for interception.

Habsburgs got the interception.  If they take it, the battle is 10 vs. 15.  If they do not take it, my final CP will be used to naval move and attack the fleet in Barbary Coast (where Del may then attempt to evade, if he wishes).

No CCs for the battle.  File's out.  Del to respond, resolve battle if any, then play.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: ulmont on July 24, 2009, 09:08:20 AM
While I await Del's Foul Weather or other reaction card to undo my Augsburg conquest, I'll just move Maurice and his stack to Nuremberg.

Germany was given to you by Habs, I have nothing to add.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan