News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Delirium on July 27, 2009, 01:23:56 PM
I gave you a card since you'll win otherwise. You'll probably win anyway, especially since you got the good card I had left.

I pass my round, so it's England now.

Did you do a file with the card? The last one I have is from habs.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

I don't recall a Delirium file with the card.  I will pass as well (passing out), since I can't do anything useful with my last card.

Berkut

No, he doesn't need to, it is in ACTS, duh.

Played Marburg for 5 CPs.

Moved a squadron, then CRed in Germany twice to flip 3 spaces.

0 rows returned

Berkut

0 rows returned

Berkut

Hey Del, don't forget that you can take piracy hits on your fleet...

0 rows returned

Delirium

But Habs only said vp or card, so I assumed they weren't adjacent, never looked at the map.

If I could have killed a fleet I want to do so and have the card back.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

Quote from: Delirium on July 28, 2009, 08:04:43 AM
But Habs only said vp or card, so I assumed they weren't adjacent, never looked at the map.

They weren't adjacent, which is why I didn't offer.  I also wouldn't have even tried piracy with 5 squadrons adjacent.   ;)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

I see, Berk was talking about future piracy, check.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

Quote#76: 4 / Foreign Recruits

Message from Ottoman:
Playing for CPs :

1/4 - Naval move. All to Ionian Sea.
2-3/4 - Piracy against the Habsburgs.

QuoteRequest: 6-sided die x 4

Message from Ottoman:
No effect. 4 piracy dice against the Habsburgs.

One more hit against the Habsburgs.  Either a card or VP is mine.

Last CP will be used to move the fleet to Barbary Coast, where Del may intercept if he truly wishes.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Played Peasants War to place 5 unrest markers in Germany.

The peasants are tired of the elitist heathens keeping them from their True Faith!

Prot spaces down to 27.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Del, please tell me you saved some nice 1 and 2 CP cards to give to the pirates?

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Habsburg fleet failed to evade from a stand-up naval battle, resulting in 2 of their squadrons getting sunk.

Need to know where the fleet is retreating to.  I have 1 CP left.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

This is going to come down to the piracy roll against the helpless French. :(

0 rows returned

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on July 28, 2009, 08:50:39 AM
Habsburg fleet failed to evade from a stand-up naval battle, resulting in 2 of their squadrons getting sunk.

Need to know where the fleet is retreating to.  I have 1 CP left.

A port that borders both that and the sea area south of it.