News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I dont have the board in front of me but what alliances? my alliance with him dated out start of this turn. Who else?

Berkut

See, this is what I mean. The Hapsburgs are going to be busy fighting the Ottomans because if he doesn't the Ottomans will win, regardless of you letting him romp all over the map. All you have done is make it MUCH easier for the Ottomans to win. You have helped him a ton, and helped yourself not at all.

If anything, you have made it so hard for the Hapsburgs to deal with the Ottomans, he might not even bother.

But that is why this game is so great. it disguises mistakes rather well, then brutally punishes those who make them. The beauty of it is that most of the time, they don't even know they made a mistake, even after they lost the game because of it. :P

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Calvin needs to be dropped back on the board at some point, by the way.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Well, I don't think he can build fleets in the North Sea.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

I think this is not the easiest move in the world. Can't believe you drew Cloth Prices...
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

I am pretty sure I can keep the Protestants from winning this turn.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Hapsburgs: Play Card as Operations
#46: 5 / Calvin's Institutes

Message from Hapsburgs:
1-2/5 build squadron in Antwerp.
3-4/5 move fleets to Barbary Coast.
5/5 move Ferdinand to Wittenberg.

Berkut

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Delirium on July 08, 2009, 12:15:19 PM
3-4/5 move fleets to Barbary Coast.

Your squadrons in Corunna cannot make it that far on 2 moves.  The Atlantic and Barbary Coast are not connected--Gibraltar is in the way.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on July 08, 2009, 12:19:19 PM
Excellent, I will leave it to you then!

That's okay, I'm used to you letting the Protestants win.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on July 08, 2009, 12:22:10 PM
Quote from: Berkut on July 08, 2009, 12:19:19 PM
Excellent, I will leave it to you then!

That's okay, I'm used to you letting the Protestants win.

:bleeding:

Allying with the Ottomans as the Hapsburgs to war on the Pope automatically repudiates any gripes you can make about the Protestants winning.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on July 08, 2009, 12:26:57 PM
Allying with the Ottomans as the Hapsburgs to war on the Pope automatically repudiates any gripes you can make about the Protestants winning.

Those Ottoman ships must've had Protestant refugees on them.  Is that why you attacked them so zealously?

-J. R. R. Tolkien