News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

I think my SD was skipped, not that it is ever very important.

1 merc and 3 regulars from Rome to Modena. I will update when the file gets around to me.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

You had nothing to announce, so I assumed you had no SD. But who am I to know what gets announced in this game?  :P
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

No worries.

Tamas plays a 2 CP card for an explorer.

Pope excommunicates Cranmer and calls a debate in England on the matter.

Aleander is up against Coverdale, and things go badly right from the start, with Coverdale babbling like Sarah Palin on a bad day, and loses 4-0.

Whats that smell?

Coverdale is BBQed.

I get to flip 5 spaces, since that is my debaters bonus.

London
Augsburg
Innsbruck
Salzburg
Worms
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Ow.  Finished the French New Testament, got next to nowhere with the rolls (Besancon and Grenoble), started on the French bible.  Over to Habbaku.

ehrie

Quote from: Berkut on May 13, 2009, 09:44:31 AM
No worries.

Tamas plays a 2 CP card for an explorer.

Pope excommunicates Cranmer and calls a debate in England on the matter.

Aleander is up against Coverdale, and things go badly right from the start, with Coverdale babbling like Sarah Palin on a bad day, and loses 4-0.

Whats that smell?

Coverdale is BBQed.

I get to flip 5 spaces, since that is my debaters bonus.

London
Augsburg
Innsbruck
Salzburg
Worms

:bleeding:

Delirium

Glad to see my good friend the Pope is doing well. :)

I did a thorough vp check, I think everything is good now. Well, not good, in that I am last, but still.

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on May 13, 2009, 07:52:00 AM
Dang, Habs is going to be cranky today. I am going to turn off google mail chat.

Nope, I'm doing quite fine.  In fact, it's actually refreshing to finally see the board gang up on me.  If I had been allowed to walk away with the game it wouldn't have been all that fun.

Besides, I've played multiple games where I've had every negative event hit me and still won quite nicely, as you may recall...

My 4 garrison regulars from my home keys are removed, along with the 1 cavalry in Belgrade, to satisfy the War in Persia.

My play :

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Operations

#30: 2 / Tercios

Message from Ottoman:
Playing for CPs :

1/2 - Raise 1 cavalry in Istanbul.
2/2 - Raise 1 cavalry in Athens.

File coming shortly.  Del's up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on May 13, 2009, 12:30:37 PMIn fact, it's actually refreshing to finally see the board gang up on me.  If I had been allowed to walk away with the game it wouldn't have been all that fun.

Funny you should say that.  <_<

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Played a 3 cp card to destroy the last corsair, won 3 to 2 with 18 dice vs 4. Lost a squadron.  <_<

The remaining two cp saw Alva to Algiers with 4+1 troopers.

England is up.

Habbaku

You're making the assumption that I won't fight a field battle when you naval land at Algiers.

You are wrong.

Any CCs?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on May 13, 2009, 05:59:40 PM
Hilarious.  :unsure:

No one has ganged up on you to stop you from winning except me and Berk. The rest are just bribed, so don't get too excited.

Habbaku

Quote from: Delirium on May 13, 2009, 06:09:36 PM
No one has ganged up on you to stop you from winning except me and Berk. The rest are just bribed, so don't get too excited.

But, of course, greasing their palms in order to play events like "Haha, lose 5 troops" is exactly what the huge Habsburg hand size is for.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on May 13, 2009, 06:07:41 PM
You're making the assumption that I won't fight a field battle when you naval land at Algiers.

You are wrong.

Any CCs?

Well, with the dice rolling thus far, I can't possibly win the battle anyway, so no, no cards.