News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Since talk is open and free during turns, I would be willing to discuss a truce with the Shcallamlala League for this turn and the next with borders exactly as they are in my file.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ulmont

No intercept, and sure, the Shmalkaldic League could be persuaded to not wreak righteous vengeance upon you for this turn and the next in exchange for you not pursuing further unrighteous vengeance upon us.  You may signal your acceptance by moving all your troops away from us.

Delirium

Some troops will remain, others will leave during Winter. We both keep what territory we have after my impulse and will not move into each other's territory or convert political control of said territory nor incite unrest in said territory. Conditions last turn 3 and 4 and end beginning of turn 5.

And England is up.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

If anyone managed to miss that, the Ottomans have 19 units in Belgrade. There will never be a better opportunity for Unsanitary Camp, not in this game or most others you will ever play. Seven units will die. Die.

Berkut

I would play it on them, but I cannot spare the 2 CPs. Plus we are at war now anyway.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

Delirium

Word from Protestant HQ on whether they accept the terms for the truce or not would be welcome.

And England is still up.

What say you people, shall we try and pick up the pace again? We were on a pretty good roll there for a while.

ulmont

Quote from: Delirium on May 05, 2009, 09:48:10 AM
Word from Protestant HQ on whether they accept the terms for the truce or not would be welcome.

?  I already accepted.

Quote from: Delirium on May 05, 2009, 09:48:10 AM
And England is still up.

What say you people, shall we try and pick up the pace again? We were on a pretty good roll there for a while.

Talk to Ehrie and Tamas.  I doubt it, though, since Tamas is about to fuck off to Italy.

Tamas

Well here is the deal: unless someone makes a move which can be deemed anti-French, I will pass. BUT! I want to play my last card eventually. So if you guys plan to ignore France, just go on your business while I am in Italy, to the point where it looks likely that the turn will end, in which case I wanna play that last card.

I know its a game mechanic that you can get burned if everyone else also passes with you, but since I declare my passivity in advance, me and the game's pace deserve that you consider that above position of mine.

ulmont

Quote from: Tamas on May 05, 2009, 10:51:19 AMSo if you guys plan to ignore France, just go on your business while I am in Italy, to the point where it looks likely that the turn will end, in which case I wanna play that last card.

Yeah, ok.  Berkut has to make 6 card plays before the turn can end anyway, so that should be doable.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on May 05, 2009, 10:51:19 AM
Well here is the deal: unless someone makes a move which can be deemed anti-French, I will pass. BUT! I want to play my last card eventually. So if you guys plan to ignore France, just go on your business while I am in Italy, to the point where it looks likely that the turn will end, in which case I wanna play that last card.

I know its a game mechanic that you can get burned if everyone else also passes with you, but since I declare my passivity in advance, me and the game's pace deserve that you consider that above position of mine.

If you want, send your play in to the Ottomans are someone else uninterested or allied, just tell them what you want to do and when.

0 rows returned

Delirium

Quote from: ulmont on May 05, 2009, 10:31:48 AM
?  I already accepted.

I don't believe you did, actually, but I'm glad you didn't object to the details.

ehrie

England: Play Card as Operations
#71: 4 / City State Rebels

Message from England:
2/4 Send an Explorer.
4/4 2 Mercs to Calais

No board access until tomorrow. Please add this to the file Tamas. I'm passing the rest of the turn.

Habbaku

Tamas has stated he's passing until it looks like the turn might end.

Berkut's Papacy's up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Pope burns some books, fails on both attempts - one 6-2, one 5-1.

You cannot beat dice like that.

0 rows returned