News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Okay seeing the English spring, my spring is moving Francis, 6 regulars and 2 mercs to Boulogne, to keep Henry honest.

And my turn is:

France: Play Card as Operations
#77: 2 / Fountain of Youth

Message from France:
Sending an explorer

Berkut

Played Fuggers in the hopes of getting something to use against the Ottomans.

Protestants are up, no file coming. Someone drop a -1 marker on me at some point please.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on April 28, 2009, 10:45:16 AM
Protestants are up, no file coming. Someone drop a -1 marker on me at some point please.

QuoteProtestant: Play Card as Event
#11: 2 / Defender of the Faith

Message from Protestant:
After the Pope finishes his Counter Reformation attempts, I'll be putting 3 CP (+1 for committing Melancthon) into the German bible.

You want me to roll your best 3 shots (I believe Liege, Metz, Basel, in that order) and send a file around?

Berkut

Nah, I will do it, and send a file.

0 rows returned

Berkut

We successfuly convert three spaces, file sent, Otts are up.

Everyone really need to get their fleets out onto water to combat piracy.

0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on April 28, 2009, 11:02:39 AM
We successfuly convert three spaces, file sent, Otts are up.

QuoteThe Papacy wins all ties if this is a space within the target language
zone and Paul III or Julius III is the Papal ruler; otherwise the Protestant
wins all ties.

Did Clement VII die when I wasn't looking, or should I have Liege back with a 6-6 tie?

Berkut

Nope, you are correct - forgot about that stupid Pope not winning ties thing.

0 rows returned

Berkut

If anyone has the REAL pope in hand...

0 rows returned

ulmont

Anyway.  Habbaku is up, and if he could fix the file (return Liege to Protestant, correct spaces [22] / VP numbers on the board) that would be great.

Habbaku

I played Janissaries as event, raising 3 regulars in Nezh and 1 in Sofia.

Del's up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Delirium on April 28, 2009, 03:22:27 AM
We just have to bring him down to size.

I told you the Ottomans were the threat, not the Protestants, but noooo, you wouldn't listen...   :mad:

Berkut

Quote from: ulmont on April 28, 2009, 11:57:00 AM
Quote from: Delirium on April 28, 2009, 03:22:27 AM
We just have to bring him down to size.

I told you the Ottomans were the threat, not the Protestants, but noooo, you wouldn't listen...   :mad:

The protestants where the threat though. They just aren't as much now.

0 rows returned

Delirium

You know very well you were the immediate threat.

You managed to increase the threat of the Ottomans quite nicely yourself. I predict that the Gonzaga vp will be the game-breaker next turn.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

:zzz
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: ehrie on April 28, 2009, 08:45:41 AM
Now before I take my turn, can I play my home card to get me some of that Jane Seymour or because I already rolled a kid this turn I can only have one? Don't remember and don't have the rulebook with me.

Forgot to elaborate on this.  Basically, you can keep rolling until you get either a healthy Edward or both sickly Edward and Elizabeth.  After that, you're stuck.

-J. R. R. Tolkien