News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I'll wait for the English SD, just in case.

Habbaku

England should roll for their divorce before their SD, as well.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

So where is that lazy Englishman? Fornicating?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

My move doubtfully affects the English/French SD, so I went ahead.

2 CPs from Smallpox were used to maneuver my fleet while the other went towards a piracy attempt in the Tyrrhenian Sea, targeting the Habsburgs...and garnering 2 hits.

Off to Del to determine my presents.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Awarded two vp.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Tamas

Delirium

Would you rather I gave him two cards?  :rolleyes:

Delirium

Unsanitary camp on Belgrade? Anyone?

Seriously, this is looking rather grim. 4 (+1 from the Protestants) from piracy already and he's barely started. Plus there's 2+2 coming in from Buda and winning war with Hungary. That puts him at 21, barring even more success with piracy (although it's hard to beat 4 out of 5 so far).

We just have to bring him down to size. I will do my part but I need help dammit.

Delirium

I changed my mind about waiting. Played 1 cp to move fleets, sending file.

Off to England to do all their stuff.

ehrie

England: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 1

Message from England:
Firing a full broadside at Anne Boleyn

Edward is born! Though...something isn't quite right with him.

ehrie

Now before I take my turn, can I play my home card to get me some of that Jane Seymour or because I already rolled a kid this turn I can only have one? Don't remember and don't have the rulebook with me.

ehrie

England: Play Card as Operations
#43: 3 / Zwingli Dons Armour

Message from England:
1 Regular and 1 Merc to Calais

File coming shortly

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: ehrie on April 28, 2009, 08:45:41 AM
Now before I take my turn, can I play my home card to get me some of that Jane Seymour or because I already rolled a kid this turn I can only have one? Don't remember and don't have the rulebook with me.

I don't see anything stopping you; the section says starting turn 2 England can play the home card to advance the wives track, or that the wives track can be advanced by the pope granting a divorce.

ehrie

Okay, I'll keep that in mind thanks. I took my turn regardless, so it's on to Tamas.