Moscow Metro Bombed

Started by jimmy olsen, March 29, 2010, 12:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Chechens?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8592190.stm
QuoteDeadly explosions on Moscow Metro system

Map locator

At least 37 people are reported to have been killed in two explosions on the Metro system in central Moscow.

The first blast happened at the city's central Lubyanka station killing 25, reports quoting security sources said.

A second explosion less than an hour afterwards happened at the Park Kultury station killing 12, Russian news agency Tass reported.

Ten people were injured in the first blast and 12 in the second, Tass said, quoting police and officials.

An emergencies ministry spokeswoman said that at Lubyanka 14 people were killed in the train and 11 on the platform.

"The blast hit the second carriage of a metro train that stopped at Lubyanka, at 0756 (0356 GMT)," Irina Andrianova said.

"There was no fire. Rescuers of the Moscow emergencies department and firefighters are now working at the site," she added.

The headquarters of the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB), is located just above the station.

The second blast came about 40 minutes later, at 0838 (0438 GMT).
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Kleves

Looks like Putin needs a pretext to seize more power.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Martinus

Lubyanka is the site of the infamous KGB prison, where countless people were tortured to death.

citizen k

QuoteOfficials: Suicide bombs kill 35 on Moscow subway
By DAVID NOWAK, Associated Press

MOSCOW – Two female suicide bombers blew themselves up on Moscow's subway system as it was jam-packed with rush-hour passengers Monday, killing at least 35 people and wounding more than 30, the city's mayor and other officials said.

Emergency Ministry spokeswoman Svetlana Chumikova said 23 people were killed at the Lubyanka station in central Moscow. The station is underneath the building that houses the main offices of the Federal Security Service, or FSB, the KGB's main successor agency.

A second explosion hit the Park Kultury station about 45 minutes later. Chumikova said at least 12 were dead there.

Moscow Mayor Yuri Luzhkov said both explosions were believed to have been set off by female suicide bombers as the trains entered the stations. In the first case, officials said the explosion was on the train; there was no immediate information on the location of the second blast.

"The first data that the FSB has given us is that there were two female suicide bombers," Luzhkov told reporters at the Park Kultury site.

Russia's top investigative body also said terrorism was suspected.

The last confirmed terrorist attack in Moscow was in August 2004, when a suicide bomber blew herself up outside a city subway station, killing 10 people.

Responsibility for that blast was claimed by Chechen rebels and suspicion in Monday's explosions is likely to focus on them and other separatist groups in the restive North Caucasus region.

The Moscow subway system is one of the world's busiest, carrying around 7 million passengers on an average workday, and is a key element in running the sprawling and traffic-choked city.

The blasts practically paralyzed movement in the city center as emergency vehicles sped to the stations. Helicopters hovered over the Park Kultury station area, which is near the renowned Gorky Park.

Passengers, many of them in tears, streamed out of the station, one man exclaiming over and over "This is how we live!"

At least a dozen ambulances were on the scene.

Associated Press Writer Jim Heintz in Moscow contributed to this report.

HisMajestyBOB

Reactionary capitalist scum.  :mad:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Alexandru H.

Razgovory

Quote from: Kleves on March 29, 2010, 01:15:26 AM
Looks like Putin needs a pretext to seize more power.

So you are the American version of those Euros, Russians, and Arabs who claimed that 9/11 was a plot for Bush to seize power.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Queequeg

Quote from: Razgovory on March 29, 2010, 03:31:59 AM

So you are the American version of those Euros, Russians, and Arabs who claimed that 9/11 was a plot for Bush to seize power.
I wouldn't put false-flag operations below Putin.  Frankly, there isn't much I'd put below him. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on March 29, 2010, 01:49:04 AM
Lubyanka is the site of the infamous KGB prison, where countless people were tortured to death.

You don't know that.  Stop jumping to conclusions.

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on March 29, 2010, 03:46:22 AM

I wouldn't put false-flag operations below Putin.  Frankly, there isn't much I'd put below him.

A mine?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Queequeg on March 29, 2010, 03:46:22 AM

Don't be such a douchebag.  Putin's false-flag operations would be much more sensational.  Like invading little neighboring foreign countries.

Josquius

Just when we thought the Chechens were done.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on March 29, 2010, 05:04:52 AM

Unless you kill all the Mooselimbs, there's always going to be a Mooselimb around trying to kill you.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Tyr on March 29, 2010, 05:04:52 AM

Who thought that?