News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Moscow Metro Bombed

Started by jimmy olsen, March 29, 2010, 12:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Queequeg on March 30, 2010, 08:36:09 AM
I really don't think for a second that they would be competent enough to kill 3,000 people with a massive, coordinated faux-terrorist attack and only have a few retard dropouts find out the truth.
Competency isn't the issue, but rather the nature of the United States.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on March 30, 2010, 08:39:23 AM
I really don't think for a second that they would be competent enough to kill 3,000 people with a massive, coordinated faux-terrorist attack and only have a few retard dropouts find out the truth.
Competency isn't the issue, but rather the nature of the United States.

Competency is always an issue.  The Gulf of Tonkin thing is a good example.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on March 30, 2010, 02:13:28 AM
I think even on the American right (not all of it but some) there is this sort of feeling of connection with Russia, sort of "tough guys vs. the Euro pussies". A good example of it was the famous quote by Bush about looking into Putin's eyes.

I think the American right generally dislikes Russia.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Dislike and grudging respect aren't mutually exclusive.  Relationship can probably be seen as somewhat similar to that between Carthage and Rome; Romans thought of Hannibal as a monster, and his City as a bunch of child-murdering shiftless merchants, but there was also the recognition that they were the only enemy that, in Rome's long history, was a truly worthy opponent and equal. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Josquius

:lol: to the timing of this.
It turns out a friend of mine is booked for a trip to Russia starting tomorrow.
██████
██████
██████

Queequeg

Quote from: Tyr on March 30, 2010, 05:10:26 PM
:lol: to the timing of this.
It turns out a friend of mine is booked for a trip to Russia starting tomorrow.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Admiral Yi

Meaning someone else would? :mellow:

CountDeMoney

That said, Bill Kristol, the American Far Right's Cappo de Retardi, recently came out with an interview defending Chechen suicide bombers , here.  Apparently Palestinian suicide bombers are war criminals bent upon the annihilation of everything right and true in the Universe, while their Chechen counterparts valiantly defend their nation's honor by blowing themselves up on Moscow subways, killing a bunch of babushkas, tourists and kids in the process. 

Thing is, the original Chechnyan independence movement, as we knew it with General Dudayev, is all but dead.  It's been co-opted by Islamofascists.

derspiess

I think even on the American right (not all of it but some) there is this sort of feeling of connection with Russia, sort of "tough guys vs. the Euro pussies". A good example of it was the famous quote by Bush about looking into Putin's eyes.

Wrong.  There is no "feeling of connection" whatsoever.  I don't think Bush was as sincere in that quote as you guys assume. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 30, 2010, 06:06:49 PM
That said, Bill Kristol, the American Far Right's Cappo de Retardi, recently came out with an interview defending Chechen suicide bombers , here.  Apparently Palestinian suicide bombers are war criminals bent upon the annihilation of everything right and true in the Universe, while their Chechen counterparts valiantly defend their nation's honor by blowing themselves up on Moscow subways, killing a bunch of babushkas, tourists and kids in the process. 

Thing is, the original Chechnyan independence movement, as we knew it with General Dudayev, is all but dead.  It's been co-opted by Islamofascists.

Indeed. And Russia is to blame for that in its brutal quelling of the original Chechen rebellion.

Martinus

I wouldn't go as far, but whenever a Russian days, it's score 1 for Poland, and whenever an Islamotard dies it's score 1 for the West, so either way it's a win-win.

Jaron

Whenever a Russian days?

Spelling 1, Poland 0
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on March 30, 2010, 10:29:03 PM

Wrong.  There is no "feeling of connection" whatsoever.  I don't think Bush was as sincere in that quote as you guys assume.

So he's a liar?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martim Silva

Well, Moscow is frustrated and angered at this. There is really no true idea on how to handle the situation in the North Caucasus, nor how to stop further attacks. And there seems to be a lot more terrorists active in the country.

In the last few years there was an attempt to invest in the region to improve the living standards, but local corruption ate almost all the money. And there is little interest in removing the local governments, as those places are dangerous and there are few who are willing to take them.

As a result, basically all the talk in Moscow is about clamping down and using force against the muslim separatists. Weather this will solve anything in the long run is anybodys' guess.  :(

Martinus

Quote from: Martim Silva on March 31, 2010, 07:01:28 AMIn the last few years there was an attempt to invest in the region to improve the living standards, but local corruption ate almost all the money. And there is little interest in removing the local governments, as those places are dangerous and there are few who are willing to take them.

Well, who would have thought murdering any moderate local politician and then installing a local mafia boss on a KGB pay as a President, only because he was loyal to his masters in Moscow, could backfire so badly for Russia!

Fuck Russia over this. They have blood on their hands and they pushed the region into the arms of the muslim extremists. Russia deserves any deaths it gets as a result.