Moscow Metro Bombed

Started by jimmy olsen, March 29, 2010, 12:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Lettow77

The Chechens have made a tactical mistake. Putin doesnt actually care if russian civilians die.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Grey Fox

Maybe it was the Jews of the Jewish Autonomous Oblast?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 29, 2010, 06:54:27 AM
:lol:  I thought most of them left for Israel after the USSR collapsed.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on March 29, 2010, 07:05:15 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 29, 2010, 06:54:27 AM
:lol:  I thought most of them left for Israel after the USSR collapsed.

They did, and if wiki is to believe there is around 2000 of them left. But it would be a change of pace, This Tchechens BS isn't interesting anymore.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martim Silva

This is a very sad event  :cry:

I'll see what I can find out. Definitely Chechen Black Widows.

derspiess

Quote from: Tyr on March 29, 2010, 05:51:06 AM
The Russians
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8001495.stm

Yeah, IIRC there were Chechen units gleefully taking part in the conflict against Georgia in '08.  I figured after that point Chechnya was pacified.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: Martim Silva on March 29, 2010, 07:18:27 AM
This is a very sad event  :cry:

I'll see what I can find out. Definitely Chechen Black Widows.

Your ability to solve a crime committed thousands of miles away is truly remarkable. :worship:

Clearly Chechens are the prime suspects, but until there's some proof - who knows?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

I think one of the problems in the US perception of Russia is that while both the US and Russia are superpowers that tend to be perceived by various Rest of the World countries as evil, Russia actually *is* evil but some Americans tend to have a sort of unwarranted sympathy (or at least, a grudging respect) for it.

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on March 29, 2010, 03:31:59 AM
Quote from: Kleves on March 29, 2010, 01:15:26 AM
Looks like Putin needs a pretext to seize more power.

So you are the American version of those Euros, Russians, and Arabs who claimed that 9/11 was a plot for Bush to seize power.
It's a far less inconceivable scenario for the Russian secret police.  After all, it's an agency that killed millions of its fellow citizens directly, and that's staffed with trained sociopaths even today. 

This act doesn't sound like a false flag operation, but apartment building bombings that happened at a very convenient time in 1999 are suspicious.  This particular incident is mainly what fuels the conspiracy theories:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_apartment_bombings#Ryazan_incident .

Lettow77

Do they, Martinus? Every american I know down here who thinks anything at all of Russia has an extremely phobic and hateful opinion.

Concensus is that they are corrupt, violent, and treacherous schemers, who are plotting for world domination and must be dealt with.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

grumbler

I am amused at this concept of evil nations.  I thought this kind of thinking went out with the collapse of the USSR, but clearly it lingers in some benighted places like Poland and Mississippi.

That there are evil deeds goes without saying.  That there are evil people is arguable.  That there are evil nations is risible.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on March 29, 2010, 02:21:00 PM
I am amused at this concept of evil nations.  I thought this kind of thinking went out with the collapse of the USSR, but clearly it lingers in some benighted places like Poland and Mississippi.

That there are evil deeds goes without saying.  That there are evil people is arguable.  That there are evil nations is risible.
Calling an entire nation 'evil' - don't think that's fair.

But to call a regime/system of government evil?  I could go along with that.  North Korea's government would seem to fit that title.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on March 29, 2010, 12:41:01 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 29, 2010, 03:31:59 AM
Quote from: Kleves on March 29, 2010, 01:15:26 AM
Looks like Putin needs a pretext to seize more power.

So you are the American version of those Euros, Russians, and Arabs who claimed that 9/11 was a plot for Bush to seize power.
It's a far less inconceivable scenario for the Russian secret police.  After all, it's an agency that killed millions of its fellow citizens directly, and that's staffed with trained sociopaths even today. 

This act doesn't sound like a false flag operation, but apartment building bombings that happened at a very convenient time in 1999 are suspicious.  This particular incident is mainly what fuels the conspiracy theories:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_apartment_bombings#Ryazan_incident .

I'm not big into conspiracy theories.  While Russia (and the Soviet union have done many unscrupulous things they tend to be very ham handed about it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on March 29, 2010, 02:22:27 PM
Quote from: grumbler on March 29, 2010, 02:21:00 PM

Calling an entire nation 'evil' - don't think that's fair.

But to call a regime/system of government evil?  I could go along with that.  North Korea's government would seem to fit that title.

Indeed.