News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tea Party will save Harry Reid's bacon

Started by MadImmortalMan, February 16, 2010, 03:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Scipio on March 30, 2010, 07:11:20 PM
That's what they get for running a contractor as a candidate.  Stupid fucking mooks.
Of course they're stupid.  They're the Tea Party types who took it past a protest and thought that it would be a good idea to found a political movement.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on March 30, 2010, 05:19:20 PM
I keep trying to tell Princesca that these Tea Party people are crazy, but she won't listen to me. :weep:

You're kidding? She never seemed to me like she was batshit insane. (Well, maybe except her libertarian Facebook posts).

MadImmortalMan

Well, they aren't exactly way out of the mainstream, you know.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 31, 2010, 02:42:52 PM
Well, they aren't exactly way out of the mainstream, you know.
That's only because the mainstream is batshit insane as well.

derspiess

I keep trying to tell Princesca that these Tea Party people are crazy, but she won't listen to me. :weep:

I think they've made their point and need to ratchet things back down a bit.  The original Chicago thing was cool, and I was tempted to go to the Cincinnati Tea Party that was held shortly thereafter, but it has just gotten too weird. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on March 31, 2010, 03:59:28 PM

I think they've made their point and need to ratchet things back down a bit.  The original Chicago thing was cool, and I was tempted to go to the Cincinnati Tea Party that was held shortly thereafter, but it has just gotten too weird.

Yeah.  I mean, they don't like black people.  We get it now.  There's no need to keep going on about it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Fate

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on March 31, 2010, 04:12:55 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 31, 2010, 03:59:28 PM

Yeah.  I mean, they don't like black people.  We get it now.  There's no need to keep going on about it.

If that was the case, wouldn't you expect him to participate?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on March 31, 2010, 10:24:55 PM
If that was the case, wouldn't you expect him to participate?

Stop stalking me, Mr. Sharpton.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jaron

I don't understand why the Tea Party feels the need to go after black people and other minorities. I can't wait til the FBI raids their HQs. :D
Winner of THE grumbler point.