News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lesbian ruins prom for everybody

Started by Ed Anger, March 11, 2010, 09:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 12, 2010, 05:47:33 AM
Here's a hint, perhaps it's because you're so stupid that you wish death upon people who are agreeing with you on a topic.

Marty wishing death upon you is a badge of honor.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on March 12, 2010, 10:42:56 AM

Not really, it's far too common for that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 12, 2010, 10:57:25 AM
Quote from: derspiess on March 12, 2010, 10:42:56 AM

Not really, it's far too common for that.

Besides that, now it's been tainted.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Solmyr

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on March 11, 2010, 02:53:58 PM
Don't schools require pupils to submit names of their dates?

I have to say I have no idea where this whole 'date police' thing comes from.  Why would they even have to show up and ask the school district about this?  Back in my day you just showed up and nobody cared if you showed up with a date or no.  Girls without dates would go together all the time.

Since when did high school prom become a big freaking deal?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on March 12, 2010, 12:21:50 PM

I have to say I have no idea where this whole 'date police' thing comes from.  Why would they even have to show up and ask the school district about this?  Back in my day you just showed up and nobody cared if you showed up with a date or no.  Girls without dates would go together all the time.

Maybe they've started screening them to make sure no dirty homos show up. Hell, I took two girls to my Junior Prom. Nobody even asked why I wanted three tickets. I certainly never had to register and tell them who I was bringing.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Berkut

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 12, 2010, 12:52:08 PM

Maybe they've started screening them to make sure no dirty homos show up. Hell, I took two girls to my Junior Prom. Nobody even asked why I wanted three tickets. I certainly never had to register and tell them who I was bringing.

Mormon?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

BuddhaRhubarb

I still don't get why they cancelled the prom altogether. I mean I doubt she's the only gay at the school? She's not a chubby Welshman is she?

retarded, and not in a good way.
:p

Berkut

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 12, 2010, 01:02:06 PM
I still don't get why they cancelled the prom altogether. I mean I doubt she's the only gay at the school? She's not a chubby Welshman is she?

They cancelled it because they are bunch of dumbshit homophobes. And since they knew that banning her in particular would not fly (at least not anymore) they decided to be petulant and just ban the entire thing.

That probably would not fly either, but at least they can hold up the fig leaf of claiming they are not a bunch of redkneck, bigotted, assholes - after all, they are saying that *nobody* can go to prom, rather than picking out blac....errrh, gays.

And it is a nice way to punish the fags, by trying to make it all their fault. Of course, what it really does is just make it obvious how ignorant and backward their locality is, but they aren't bright enough to figure that out, so it is ok.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 12, 2010, 01:02:06 PM

I only knew of one openly gay person in my high school and her town sounds a lot smaller than mine was.

Though obviously her date(who's a fellow student) is also gay.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

Some time in the 80s.  I blame John Hughes.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on March 12, 2010, 01:18:02 PM

And it is a nice way to punish the fags, by trying to make it all their fault. Of course, what it really does is just make it obvious how ignorant and backward their locality is, but they aren't bright enough to figure that out, so it is ok.

Well, I don't think they are entirely unsuccessful. After all, even in this thread a bunch of people thought it's the girl's fault.

Barrister

I imagine it is to prevent various men far too old to be going to a high school prom from going to the prom.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.