News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lesbian ruins prom for everybody

Started by Ed Anger, March 11, 2010, 09:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Martinus on March 11, 2010, 02:53:58 PM

Don't schools require pupils to submit names of their dates?

I've never heard of such a thing, no.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

HVC

Don't schools require pupils to submit names of their dates? If so, she "took the route for attention" by doing something all straight kids do. Lovely. The Languish homophobe comes out of the woodwork again. One only hopes you finally get your brain splattered by some Iraqi bullet.
Not at my high school(s). You had to say how many tickets you wanted ordered, but not who you planned to take. I went to two catholic high schools, and at booth there were openly gay kids (and some not so open lol). They went to proms and no one cares.

Sometimes the squeeky wheel gets the grease, and sometimes it get removed. it's the risk you take. if she had just shown up perhaps the school wouldn't have cared (who knows), but by making an issue of it she forced the school to react. The school didn't pick the best action, of course,  but in the end little miss attention screwed everryone over.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grallon

Quote from: Caliga on March 11, 2010, 02:20:48 PM

uhm, no... I love the gays and always have.  :huh:

Why were you blushing then?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

lustindarkness

I'm a bit disapointed in you guys, Marti has wished death on only one person in this thread and no one has asked if the girl in the story is hot.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 11, 2010, 03:18:14 PM
I'm a bit disapointed in you guys, Marti has wished death on only one person in this thread and no one has asked if the girl in the story is hot.
Her pic is in the link. She is a little fat emo.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

lustindarkness

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 11, 2010, 03:22:06 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on March 11, 2010, 03:18:14 PM
Her pic is in the link. She is a little fat emo.
:yes:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Faeelin

Quote from: HVC on March 11, 2010, 03:07:46 PM
Not at my high school(s). You had to say how many tickets you wanted ordered, but not who you planned to take. I went to two catholic high schools, and at booth there were openly gay kids (and some not so open lol). They went to proms and no one cares.

Sometimes the squeeky wheel gets the grease, and sometimes it get removed. it's the risk you take. if she had just shown up perhaps the school wouldn't have cared (who knows), but by making an issue of it she forced the school to react. The school didn't pick the best action, of course,  but in the end little miss attention screwed everryone over.

I'm not sure what she should have done in your eyes. The way to not get attention is to not follow the rules set down by the school?

merithyn

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 11, 2010, 03:05:49 PM

Don't schools require pupils to submit names of their dates?

I've never heard of such a thing, no.

It's required at my kids' school. Names and ages, though they got rid of "gender" a few years ago. The tickets have the kids' names on them, too, so you can't swap tickets or bring someone else. Must have ticket and ID to get in.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Siege

Quote from: Martinus on March 11, 2010, 12:42:44 PM
QuoteI don't agree with homosexuality

That's the dumbest possible thing to say. Homosexuality is not an opinion or a statement - it's a fact of life. It's like disagreeing with sunlight or ginger hair.

I don't agree with homosexuality.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Jaron

I dont know, I think shes kinda cute.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grallon

Quote from: Siege on March 11, 2010, 04:13:12 PM

I don't agree with homosexuality.

You don't need to agree to enjoy it.  :contract:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Martinus on March 11, 2010, 12:42:44 PM
QuoteI don't agree with homosexuality

That's the dumbest possible thing to say. Homosexuality is not an opinion or a statement - it's a fact of life. It's like disagreeing with sunlight or ginger hair.
I'll disagree with whatever the hell I want and will not be told otherwise by a Polish Lawyer.
PDH!