And we're back!

Main Menu

Lesbian ruins prom for everybody

Started by Ed Anger, March 11, 2010, 09:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecil

Quote from: Martinus on March 11, 2010, 12:45:50 PM
Quote from: Caliga on March 11, 2010, 12:42:51 PM
Meri, yeah, I recall similar stories each year around prom season of gays/lesbians trying to take a same-sex date to the prom... the outcome is typically somewhat different in each case, though.  Last year something like this happened in Tennessee (Chattanooga?) and IIRC at first the girl was told she couldn't attend, but then the school district relented and let her attend.

When I was a kid, there was an openly gay kid in my class, and they let him bring a guy date to the prom without any fuss.  Then within a week, a group of football players beat the shit out of him and he had to go to the hospital.  :blush:

Were they convicted?

:lol:

Caliga

Were they convicted?
As I recall the police never got involved.  I think the dudes were suspended... that's pretty much it.  I think he might have transferred to my grandmother's school after that (she ran an alternative school in my school district).  I'd ask her, but she's dead now.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Faeelin

Quote from: Alcibiades on March 11, 2010, 12:52:36 PM
They could have just gone alone and met up inside or had guy friends take them as their dates if it was about the money. She took this route for the attention.

I don't see how it's demanding attention. She asked to bring a date of her choice. The school said no. Had they treated her equally this wouldn't have happened.

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on March 11, 2010, 01:05:19 PM
Were they convicted?
As I recall the police never got involved.  I think the dudes were suspended... that's pretty much it.  I think he might have transferred to my grandmother's school after that (she ran an alternative school in my school district).  I'd ask her, but she's dead now.

Man those football players were nasty.

Murdering your granny merely for running an alternative school refuge for HS gays was going too far.

;)

On a serious note - when I was growing up, gaybashing was not taken seriously here in Toronto by the cops, some of whom still indulged in it themselves (the infamous "Cherry Beach Express", named after a lonely spot some cops would take gays and other undesireables to beat them). Nor would other authority figures prove any more sympathetic. Being gay was something kept firmly in the closet and mostly considered a shameful perversion. If they got beat, that was (seemingly) widely considered the price they paid for being perverts.

This has totally changed over the last 30 odd years. Some cops may still abuse undesireables on the sly (though I sure haven't seen any evidence that this still goes on, or at least, to nearly the same extent), but being gay will most certainly not have one classified as an "undesireable".  If that sort of thing happened, there would be widespread public outrage. Few but the exceedingly eccentric, morbidly religious or possibly mentally disturbed think being gay is shameful. "Gay friendly" is a leading official tourist campaign position. Even the leading mayorial candidate is openly gay.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grallon on March 11, 2010, 12:44:44 PM
Quote from: Caliga on March 11, 2010, 12:42:51 PM

When I was a kid, there was an openly gay kid in my class, and they let him bring a guy date to the prom without any fuss.  Then within a week, a group of football players beat the shit out of him and he had to go to the hospital.  :blush:
Did you participate in the beating?  <_<

What a silly question.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on March 11, 2010, 10:54:43 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on March 11, 2010, 10:51:53 AM
I don't see how you can blame the girl. The school decided rather than let her show up with another girl, they would cancel it entirely.
He's blaming the homosexual so that mart gets all excited, duh.

:)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Alexandru H.

Over here, homosexuals are so ridiculed that they are forced to become heterosexuals. And they begin to hate other homosexuals, sometimes even killing them. So you have dead homosexuals plus locked closet homosexuals = WIN for everyone else.

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on March 11, 2010, 01:41:06 PM
Man those football players were nasty.

Murdering your granny merely for running an alternative school refuge for HS gays was going too far.
Dude, no, it wasn't the football players.  She was limpwrist-slapped to death by the gay. :cry:

Josquius

Rather childish behaviour from the school
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

uhm, no... I love the gays and always have.  :huh:

Martinus

They could have just gone alone and met up inside or had guy friends take them as their dates if it was about the money. She took this route for the attention.

Don't schools require pupils to submit names of their dates? If so, she "took the route for attention" by doing something all straight kids do. Lovely. The Languish homophobe comes out of the woodwork again. One only hopes you finally get your brain splattered by some Iraqi bullet.

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on March 11, 2010, 02:53:58 PM

Don't schools require pupils to submit names of their dates? If so, she "took the route for attention" by doing something all straight kids do. Lovely. The Languish homophobe comes out of the woodwork again. One only hopes you finally get your brain splattered by some Iraqi bullet.

Whoa. :blink:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ed Anger

Finally, some action in the thread.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on March 11, 2010, 02:20:48 PM
uhm, no... I love the gays and always have.  :huh:

Even after what they did to your grandmother? Tsk.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Faeelin

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 11, 2010, 02:57:24 PM
Finally, some action in the thread.

You're interested in Marti getting action?