John Kerry calls for the blood of gay men

Started by Jaron, March 04, 2010, 02:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I wonder if we should exclude blacks from many occupations (and perhaps society), seeing as how they are over-represented in prisons. Why take the risk?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Strix

Quote from: Jaron on March 04, 2010, 05:16:58 PM
While true, such a risk is minimal. You are no more likely to be infected with HIV by a gay persons blood than with a heterosexuals.

Or, would you say that a straight man who whores himself around and has sex with a random woman every night (as is quite common in college culture) is less likely to infect you with HIV than a gay man pursuing this very activity?

Sir?  :moon:

Yes, a straight man who whores himself around and has sex with a random woman every night is less likely to infect you with HIV than a gay man pursuing the same activity with males. This has been statistically proven.

:lmfao:

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on March 04, 2010, 05:22:24 PM
Well I guess it's a fair point. But this just shows that the policy of charging young people more for insurance is unfair and discriminatory.

That being said, it's a fucking non issue. I wonder why people even bother with it. It's not like gay people are prevented from living their life to the fullest because they don't get milk, cookies and a couple of bucks for their blood.

Meh. I'm nonplused.

NO!

As a gay person, as a minority you need to wage war tirelessly to gain full rights to every aspect of your life.

Give them one victory and they will yearn for more.

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jaron

Quote from: Strix on March 04, 2010, 05:23:25 PM
While true, such a risk is minimal. You are no more likely to be infected with HIV by a gay persons blood than with a heterosexuals.

Or, would you say that a straight man who whores himself around and has sex with a random woman every night (as is quite common in college culture) is less likely to infect you with HIV than a gay man pursuing this very activity?

Yes, a straight man who whores himself around and has sex with a random woman every night is less likely to infect you with HIV than a gay man pursuing the same activity with males. This has been statistically proven.

Back your shit up, Strix. I need to see something fairly recent though because as I mentioned data from the 80s is invalid due to changing attitudes and lifestyles.

Faeelin

Quote from: Martinus on March 04, 2010, 05:16:43 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on March 04, 2010, 05:13:52 PM
Right, but why take a risk? A single error in screening could cause tons of people to be infected.

This is so a propos Jaron's post about self-hating homos in the other thread.

I mean, fuck you? What the hell have you ever done, other than come out once you got a job in Brussels, that bastion of homophobia?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Strix

Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2010, 05:20:48 PM
Quote from: Strix on March 04, 2010, 05:19:16 PM
Yes, the screening of blood is critical. That is why it's better to exclude a high risk group from the process because it reduces the chances of an error.

Except that you can't really ever exclude them. We don't wear pink triangles. :(

You can ask them to do the responsible thing and not give blood. Opps, my bad. If many of those in your high risk group did the responsible thing and wore condoms than this probably wouldn't even be an issue.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Jaron

Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2010, 05:23:05 PM
I wonder if we should exclude blacks from many occupations (and perhaps society), seeing as how they are over-represented in prisons. Why take the risk?

This will probably be a popular idea with many Languish posters. We might as well be a damn subsidiary of Stormfront

Faeelin

We do  ;)

Martinus

Quote from: Faeelin on March 04, 2010, 05:25:26 PM
Right, but why take a risk? A single error in screening could cause tons of people to be infected.

I mean, fuck you? What the hell have you ever done, other than come out once you got a job in Brussels, that bastion of homophobia?

Uhm, you know that I came out after I had come back to Warsaw following my secondment to Brussels? I also donate to gay causes and march in gay rights marches. I'm not a "professional activist" but I think I'm doing my due.

The Brain

Another self-hating black man. This is part of the fucking problem, don't you see?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jaron

Well.

Faeelin does wear kilts to parties so I guess he is representing in his own way.

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on March 04, 2010, 05:25:26 PM

Well, I join in on Marti's chorus as I was thinking the same thing about your earlier post. :)

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on March 04, 2010, 05:29:27 PM
Another self-hating black man. This is part of the fucking problem, don't you see?

:hug:

Strix

Quote from: Jaron on March 04, 2010, 05:25:14 PM
Quote from: Strix on March 04, 2010, 05:23:25 PM

Back your shit up, Strix. I need to see something fairly recent though because as I mentioned data from the 80s is invalid due to changing attitudes and lifestyles.

Jaron, you need to back YOUR shit up for a change. It's common knowledge that HIV is transmitted by high risk groups. The main high risk groups are homosexual males, intravenous drug users, and prostitutes.  It is rare for woman on woman or man on woman sex to spread HIV. It happens but mainly as a result of a bisexual or drug user getting HIV from male on male sex or a dirty needle.

If you have proof that this has changed than please share. If not than continue being your ignorant self.  :nelson: