John Kerry calls for the blood of gay men

Started by Jaron, March 04, 2010, 02:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Btw, I hope the day never arises that someone in this thread needs blood but can't get it as my poisoned blood is till in my veins. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on March 04, 2010, 05:12:52 PM
(and are much less likely to be incarcerated than children of a white trash family from Florida or Kentucky, for example)
:mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2010, 06:53:19 PM
Btw, I hope the day never arises that someone in this thread needs blood but can't get it as my poisoned blood is till in my veins. :(
I actually cannot donate blood myself because I have vWD. :(

ulmont

Quote from: Caliga on March 04, 2010, 09:31:08 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2010, 06:53:19 PM
I actually cannot donate blood myself because I have vWD. :(

Isn't vWD a dog disease?  You sure you're human?

Caliga

I believe it's primarily a disease of the Finns, who I guess are sort of like dogs. :yes:

As I have no Finnish ancestry, I'm not sure how I ended up with it. :huh:

Capetan Mihali

The one time I gave blood, they made me take a computer questionnaire that asked not only "Are you a man who has had sex with a man since 1976?" and "Have you spent more than 6 months in the UK since 1989?" (mad cow) but " Have you had sex with someone who has been to Africa?"  I put "don't know" to that question, because I can't account for the life history of every sexual partner I've ever had.   :huh:  They just told me to put "no."  And then they made fun of my middle name.   :glare:  The only nice thing was the natural high that comes from losing several quarts of your bodily fluid...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Scipio

Quote from: Martinus on March 04, 2010, 04:12:23 PM
A friend's flat mate is a soldier in active service and he is gay and knows a bunch of other gay guys in his unit and they often hang out together. They are not openly gay in the unit, as obviously there is still homophobia and they could be subject to verbal abuse etc., but this does not seem to differ from a situation in any other profession (other than perhaps the fact that the army is more homophobic, than say the fashion industry).
Someone in the military suffering verbal abuse?

Oh, shit!  We gotta stop that right away!  It's only a few steps away from having weapons pointed at you in anger!
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

HVC

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 04, 2010, 10:08:38 PM
The one time I gave blood, they made me take a computer questionnaire that asked not only "Are you a man who has had sex with a man since 1976?" and "Have you spent more than 6 months in the UK since 1989?" (mad cow) but " Have you had sex with someone who has been to Africa?"  I put "don't know" to that question, because I can't account for the life history of every sexual partner I've ever had.   :huh:  They just told me to put "no."  And then they made fun of my middle name.   :glare:  The only nice thing was the natural high that comes from losing several quarts of your bodily fluid...
Now i have to know your middle name.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Scipio

Quote from: HVC on March 04, 2010, 10:43:51 PM
The one time I gave blood, they made me take a computer questionnaire that asked not only "Are you a man who has had sex with a man since 1976?" and "Have you spent more than 6 months in the UK since 1989?" (mad cow) but " Have you had sex with someone who has been to Africa?"  I put "don't know" to that question, because I can't account for the life history of every sexual partner I've ever had.   :huh:  They just told me to put "no."  And then they made fun of my middle name.   :glare:  The only nice thing was the natural high that comes from losing several quarts of your bodily fluid...
Huitzilopochtli.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

HVC

Quote from: Scipio on March 04, 2010, 10:50:40 PM
The one time I gave blood, they made me take a computer questionnaire that asked not only "Are you a man who has had sex with a man since 1976?" and "Have you spent more than 6 months in the UK since 1989?" (mad cow) but " Have you had sex with someone who has been to Africa?"  I put "don't know" to that question, because I can't account for the life history of every sexual partner I've ever had.   :huh:  They just told me to put "no."  And then they made fun of my middle name.   :glare:  The only nice thing was the natural high that comes from losing several quarts of your bodily fluid...
Huitzilopochtli.
Gesundheit
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Neil

The current policy has the advantage of driving Martinus batshit insane, and is thus valuable.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Quote from: Caliga on March 04, 2010, 09:52:19 PM
I believe it's primarily a disease of the Finns, who I guess are sort of like dogs. :yes:

As I have no Finnish ancestry, I'm not sure how I ended up with it. :huh:
Milkman?

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on March 04, 2010, 11:13:45 PM
The current policy has the advantage of driving Martinus batshit insane, and is thus valuable.

We've already established he's mentally Ill.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Scipio on March 04, 2010, 10:20:11 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 04, 2010, 04:12:23 PM
A friend's flat mate is a soldier in active service and he is gay and knows a bunch of other gay guys in his unit and they often hang out together. They are not openly gay in the unit, as obviously there is still homophobia and they could be subject to verbal abuse etc., but this does not seem to differ from a situation in any other profession (other than perhaps the fact that the army is more homophobic, than say the fashion industry).
Someone in the military suffering verbal abuse?

Oh, shit!  We gotta stop that right away!  It's only a few steps away from having weapons pointed at you in anger!

You missed my point. My point was that the situation of gays in the Polish military is better than that of gays in the US military. I was just painting a fair picture.

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on March 04, 2010, 10:52:05 PM
Quote from: Scipio on March 04, 2010, 10:50:40 PM
Huitzilopochtli.
Gesundheit
Egeszekedre