News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Seems to still be some difficulty...

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, March 10, 2009, 09:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadBurgerMaker

DontSayBanana

I'm thinking the database is getting cluttered.  Browsing's just a bit slow, but posting takes forever.
Experience bij!

Agelastus

Quote from: DontSayBanana on January 27, 2010, 02:12:29 PM
I'm thinking the database is getting cluttered.  Browsing's just a bit slow, but posting takes forever.

I agree. The difference from when I last posted a couple of months ago is astonishing.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

ulmont

There's something a little weird about the unread posts entry.  If I hit "reload" on an recent unread page, it hangs for a while.

If I open the recent unread page in a new tab, it's usually very quick. 

Not sure what the difference is.

jimmy olsen

Languish has been spotty for me lately.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 11, 2010, 10:53:12 PM
Languish has been spotty for me lately.
I don't know i feel down right Rip Van Winklish.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I noticed when I brought the server back up that I had a stats daemon running that I didn't realize was running.  I've shut it down, so it should increase performance somewhat.

katmai

Well something is still borked as the who's online page isn't renewing as it use to, so still seeing folks status from over 4 hours ago.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

stjaba

Is it safe to assume Languish has been down for most people today? It's been down for me.

katmai

Quote from: stjaba on February 12, 2010, 09:13:39 PM
Is it safe to assume Languish has been down for most people today? It's been down for me.

Nope we set up a no jaba applet, obviously needs more work <_<

Yeah it's been down all day, Texans can't handle snow.

katmai

So moldy  are you going to look at settings to see why the Who's Online part of software is so borked or what?

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I haven't found anything yet.  The times in the log are correct, except for three people who logged in during the period the server clock was screwed up but haven't been back since.

katmai

Yeah i know the times are correct, but it's still showing members from days agon instead of like the last 20-30mins like it use to before went down ( Rex who was last on Thursday  night :lol: when showing who's online.)